Carpet not only provides comfort in your home, but it also adds a decorative component to your home. Although new carpet often comes with a strong chemical smell which can be quite unpleasant. This article will go into detail about how to get chemical smell out of carpet and how to ensure that your floor doesn’t emit any strange odors.
What Does It Smell Like?
It is quite hard to describe the smell of the chemicals in the carpet, but it has a very distinct aroma which is quite overpowering at times. What you actually smell is a mix of some chemicals that are often used while making the carpet. Although this chemical odor can be removed without causing any harm to the carpet or deep cleaning. Here are some tips that will help you to get rid of the smell.
How to Get Chemical Smell Out of Carpet - Freshen Up Your Carpet
- First, you have to secure the rug in place. Use nails to do so instead of glue. This is much better than glue as it is less toxic in nature and will cause to harm to your carpet.
- Now, you will have to sprinkle some baking soda on the carpet and keep it like that throughout the night. On the next day, you have to first vacuum the entire carpet. This will help you to remove the smell of the chemicals completely from the carpets.
- If you are planning to steam your carpets, then make sure to add a little bit of vinegar to the hot water. This can be a great way to kill strong odors. You can also keep whole onions or the celery submerged in the water. Then, place it in the room with the carpets. This can also be a great option for removing the chemical odor from your new carpets.
- Even putting some large potted plants inside your room can help you to get rid of the smell. These plants will help you to get more fresh air which will cause the odor to move on faster. It is also better to turn on the fan.
- Sometimes, using aromatic candles and other aroma diffusing tools can help to get the chemical smell off the carpet. Also, ventilating the room can also help you. Open all the windows and let the breeze come into your room. With the correct flow of air, the odor can be easily removed.
If all the above tips fail to do the work for you, then it is better to take on professional help. A professional cleaning service will help you to remove the chemical smell completely from the carpet.
So, these are some of the tips on how to get chemical smell out of carpet. The smell of the new carpet, to some, is quite refreshing as there is a tinge of newness in it. But it necessarily doesn’t have to be there forever. The chemical odor can be quite unpleasant for a lot of people, especially for kids and pets. So, it is better to get rid of it as soon as possible.