Market Report for the Carlsbad 92008 Area for Q1 in 2019
Detached Single Family Homes
The first quarter of 2019 for home sales in the 92008 area of Carlsbad was a busy one, with some shifts in the market as compared to the same period in 2018.
In this market report we specifically look at the sales activity for single family detached homes.
The Carlsbad 92008 area includes Carlsbad Village including Olde Carlsbad and The Barrio (Carlsbad’s first neighborhoods), Telescope Point, expensive beach-front areas in the Village and south along Carlsbad Boulevard to the oceanfront neighborhood of Terramar, the lagoon-front neighborhood of Bay Cove, several condo communities and residential neighborhoods close to the Agua Hedionda Lagoon, and more, with a broad mix of attached (condos, town homes, twin homes) and detached single family homes.
There are some small enclaves of new and under-construction single family detached homes and condos/town homes in and around Carlsbad Village, too!
SINGLE FAMILY DETACHED HOME SALES IN CARLSBAD 92008
- 39 single family detached homes sold in the July to September time frame, 15% more than in the same period in 2018, and 15% more than last quarter.
- Average sales price was $1,231,223, down 24% from Q1 2018 but likely due to the sale of an $11,500,000 house in Q1 2018 that had raised the average price considerably.
- Sales prices ranged from $482,000 to $7,148,750.
- Marketing time averaged 49 days, compared to 37 day in 2018.
Homes sold for 96% of original asking price on average, but with 26% of home buyers paying full price or higher for their homes.
15% of the home sales were cash transactions.
CURRENT LISTINGS AND PENDINGS IN 92008 AS OF APRIL 17
- 56 single family detached homes are for sale
- Prices range from $700,000 for a 3 bedroom 2 bath 1078 SF home to $29,950,000 for a stunning 10,000 SF oceanfront estate in Terramar (on the market for 14 months and one of the most expensive homes for sale on the public market in San Diego County)
- 13 of the homes are new construction, priced from $1,295,000 to $1,799,000
- Average list price is $2,104,896 with 5 homes are listed at over $2M
- Homes have been on the market an average of 46 days.
PENDING LISTINGS IN CARLSBAD 92008
- 12 homes are pending, priced from $750,000 to $1,299,900 (average price is $1,086,408)
- Average marketing time was 19 days
At the current rate of sales over the last 3 months we have 4.3 months of available inventory of single family detached homes in the 92008 area, a market that favors sellers as it has for some time..
If you would like more detailed information about the local real estate market conditions in the 92008 area, or are interested in exploring the housing options in your budget, please contact me at (760) 840-1360 for a personal consultation.
Or narrow your search to the 92008 area using the link at the bottom of the page.
And if you are interested in selling your Carlsbad home, give me a call at (760) 840-1360, then let’s sit down and discuss the local market conditions, the current market value of your home, and create a plan for getting your home sold for top dollar as quickly as possible.