|Prep Time: 10 mins||Total Time: 55mins||Yields: 1 dozen servings|
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 5 slices bacon
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Paprika, for serving
- Chopped chives, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, about 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- In another large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in flour and cook for another minute. Whisk in cream and chicken broth and season with salt and pepper. Simmer until thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Peel potatoes and thinly slice each potato crosswise into thin coins.
- Spoon a thin layer of sauce into the bottom of a large casserole dish. Add a single layer of potatoes on top. Spoon more sauce over the potatoes and top with cheese and bacon. Repeat 3 to 4 times, or until the casserole dish is mostly full.
- Bake until the sauce is bubbly and the potatoes are very tender, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Let rest for at least 15 minutes before serving.