Mecklenburg County, NC Housing Market Report:
1st Quarter 2019
First Quarter 2019 Mecklenburg County, North Carolina home sales kept the County a seller's market with just 1.9 months of inventory. Mecklenburg County includes the seven cities and towns of Charlotte, Pineville, Matthews, Mint Hill, Davidson, Huntersville, Cornelius.
During the first quarter of 2019, Mecklenburg County saw inventory and months supply of homes increase, although months supply of homes remains very low at 1.9 months versus the first quarter of 2018. Both median and average sale prices increased during the first quarter of 2019 compared with the same time period in 2018. Days on market were up to 46 days compared with first quarter 2018, but homes are still selling quite quickly on the whole.
In the first quarter of 2019, Mecklenburg County saw a:
- 3.9% increase in average sale prices (to $317,399) year-over-year.
- 2.6% increase in median sale price (to $251,250) year-over-year.
- 1.1% increase in inventory of homes for sale year over year.
- 4.4% decrease in closed sales year over year.
- 5.2% increase in the months supply of homes (1.9 months supply) year over year.
- Days on market year over year increased 19% (46 days on market).
- 96.7% percent of original price received, indicating a small window of opportunity for buyers to negotiate on price.
DETAILED REPORT FOR MECKLENBURG COUNTY HOUSING MARKET
This quarterly Mecklenburg County housing market update is brought to you by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, your Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts. We've been opening doors for Mecklenburg County home buyers and sellers for 20+ years.
If you're considering selling or purchasing a home in Mecklenburg County, I'd love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to show you how: