Market Report for the Carlsbad 92009 Area for Q1 2019
Detached Single Family Homes
The first quarter of 2019 was busy for home sales in the Carlsbad 92009 area, with some shifts as compared to the same time period in 2018.
Visit the famed Omni La Costa Resort & Spa that anchors the La Costa area:
The 92009 area covers the area south of Palomar Airport Road and east of El Camino Real, including La Costa (the 4 La Costa Villages of La Costa Ridge, La Costa Greens, La Costa Valley, and La Costa Oaks), Alga Hills, Bressi Ranch, La Costa Meadowridge, Brookfield, Rancho Carrillo, and multiple other communities, with a mix of attached (condos, town homes, twin homes) and detached single family homes.
In this market report we focus on the activity for detached single family homes.
SINGLE FAMILY DETACHED HOME SALES IN Q1
- 88 single family detached homes sold in Q1, up by 2% from Q1 in 2018
- The average sales price was $1,060,899, down by 2% from 2018
- Sales prices from $640,000 to $2,013,500
- The average marketing time was 40 days, versus 32 days in Q1 2018
While there was some negotiation of prices, with single family detached homes in Carlsbad 92009 selling for 96% of asking price on average, 24% of the home buyers paid full price or more for their homes.
19% of the home sales were cash transactions.
CURRENT ACTIVITY AS OF APRIL 26, 2019
- There are 95 detached single family homes for sale
- Prices range from $725,000 to a home priced ranging from $2,999,000 to $3,499,000, a 8390 SF contemporary estate high in the La Costa hills with gorgeous lagoon and ocean views
- Average list price is $1,264,531
- Current listings have been on the market an average of 49 days
- 56 homes are pending, with listing prices ranging from $630,000 to $2,275,000 (average list price is $1,179,154), and on the market for 24 days on average
The selection of homes remains competitive for buyers, as it has been, with about 3.2 months of inventory based on the rate of sales in the last 3 months and a market that favors sellers. Inventory has been increasing, however, since the beginning of the year which is good news for buyers, however, demand remains strong.
Buyers can expect competition for many listings, including multiple offers, in many cases (read about the 6 strategies to help you move quickly in today’s market).
If you would like more detailed information about the local real estate market conditions in the 92009 area, or are interested in exploring housing options based on your budget and other criteria, please contact me at (760) 840-1360 for a personal consultation. I am happy to answer all of your questions and help you create a strategy to buy a new home in 2019.
You can search the inventory of homes for sale in the Carlsbad 92009 area by clicking on the link at the bottom of the page (MLS updates 24/7/365).
Or you can broaden your search and explore the complete Carlsbad inventory (both detached single family homes and attached properties, i.e., town homes and condos), by clicking on the photo to the right.