Mauna Kea Resort is a beautiful 1,839 acre resort located on the West Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. This Kohala Coast resort contains two world class hotels, the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel and the Westin Hapuna Beach Resort. These hotels are located along some of the most pristine white sand beaches in all of Hawaii. The luxurious homes located in Mauna Kea Resort are second to none, with everything from private oceanfront homes to condos with sweeping ocean views.
The Mauna Kea Resort offers its resident’s access to two Championship Golf Courses, the Seaside Tennis Club, a Fitness Center, and the Mauna Kea Spa. Some of the many restaurants in the Mauna Kea Resort include Number 3, the Hua Tree Lanai, the Copper Terrace, Clambake and the Manta & Pavilion Wine Bar.
At the time of this writing (Apr. 20th), there were 10 single-family homes for sale and 3 homes in escrow within the Mauna Kea Resort, while 4 condos are for sale, with 2 in escrow. Of these homes for sale, the highest priced one is listed at $9,995,000, and is located at 62-3692 Kiekiena Pl, in the Bluffs at Mauna Kea subdivision, while the highest priced condo on the market is listed at $4,290,000 and is Unit #6B in the Halia Hale at Kaunaoa.
At the other end of the spectrum, the lowest priced home on the market is located at 62-3997 Moani Pikake Pl, in The Uplands of Mauna Kea and is listed at $1,975,000. The lowest priced condo currently on the market is listed at $919,000 and is Unit J3 located in Kumulani at The Uplands at Mauna Kea.
Sales continue to be slow in the Mauna Kea Resort, with no single-family homes sold being sold in the 1st Quarter of 2019. This low sales volume was a contrast to the condo market, with 6 condos being sold during this same period. The lowest priced condo to sell during the 1st Quarter went for $920,000 from a list price of $949,000 and is Unit #H2, in Kumulani at The Uplands at Mauna Kea., while the highest priced condo sold for $3,200,000 from a list price of $3,500,000 and is Unit #5B in Halia Hale at Kaunoa.
Analysis: The 1st Quarter of 2019 marks the third quarter in a row where no single-family homes were sold in Mauna Kea Resort. That will change next quarter as there are currently 3 homes in escrow. The condo market had a small boost after two quarters with only 1 sale per quarter, with 6 condos selling in Q1. Even with the low inventory levels, the sluggish sales volume have kept Mauna Kea Resort in a Buyer’s market.
Highlights of the Q1 2019 Mauna Kea Market Update
- Number of homes currently for sale – 10
- Number of homes currently in escrow - 3
- Number of condos currently for sale – 4
- Number of condos currently in escrow - 2
- Highest priced home currently for sale – $9,9956,000: 62-3692 Kiekiena Pl, Bluffs at Mauna Kea
- Highest priced condo currently for sale - $4,290,000: Halia Hale ay Kaunaoa #6B
- Lowest priced home currently for sale – $1,975,000: 62-3997 Moani Pikake Pl, Uplands at Mauna Kea
- Lowest priced condo currently for sale - $919,000: Kumulani at The Uplands at Mauna Kea #J3
- Number of homes sold in Q1 (Jan – Mar) – 0
- Number of Condos sold in Q1 (Jan – Mar) – 6
- Highest priced home sold in Q1 – None
- Highest priced condo sold in Q1 - $3,200,000 Halia Hale ay Kaunaoa #5B
- Lowest priced home sold in Q1 – None
- Lowest priced condo sold in Q1 - $920,000 Kumulani at The Uplands at Mauna Kea #H2
If you enjoyed this update, you might like Mauna Lani Real Estate Update for Q1 2019.
First published at www.ViewHawaiiLuxuryHomes.com/MarketUpdates