|Prep Time: 10 mins||Total Time: 1 hr||Yields: 4|
- 3/4 c. ricotta
- 1 1/4 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/4 plus 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped basil, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 3/4 lb.)
- 1 1/2 c. marinara
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, combine ricotta, ½ cup mozzarella, ¼ cup Parmesan, egg, and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut a pocket in each chicken breast. Stuff each with 2 tablespoons marinara sauce and 1/4 of ricotta mixture.
- Arrange stuffed chicken in the bottom of a 9"-x-13" baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and drizzle with oil.
- Bake until chicken is just cooked through, about 25 minutes. Discard excess juices in pan.
- Change oven to broil and top the chicken with remaining ¾ cup marinara, remaining ¾ cup mozzarella, and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Broil until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 4 minutes.
- Garnish with basil before serving.