Carpets can be one of the most interesting aspects of the house. It not only adds comfort, but it also adds an aesthetic value and characteristic to the room. Although it important to ensure that it is free of any stains, be it of wine or food, so that it can stay new and beautiful. Stains can happen anytime though. With the help of DIY cleaning methods, you can easily get rid of those stains. But what about the water stain that is left behind after cleaning? Don’t know how to remove old water stains from carpet? Well, do not worry as we have some of the best tips for you on how you can remove the water stains from your carpet.
How to Remove Old Water Stains from Carpet - Two Methods
Here are two methods that can help you to know how to remove old water stains from carpet. They include creating a dishwashing solution or a vinegar solution.
- To remove the water stains from the carpet, you have to work on removing the sediments or the dirt from the fibers of your carpet.
- For this, you have to mix 1 teaspoon of dishwashing soap along with the water in a container. Now soak a cloth in that solution.
- You have to gently dab the water stain starting from the outer edges. You have to be sure that you are not too aggressive with the stain. You must not damage the fibers of the carpet.
- You will see that the water stain will gradually lift and it will be no longer visible.
- You’ll have to pour white vinegar and some warm water into a container. Make sure they are a 1:1 ratio.
- Using a clean cloth, you can apply the water and vinegar solution directly on the stained area of your carpet. The pH level of the vinegar will pull out the water stains.
- Now, lightly press the water stain. This way, you can avoid the entire carpet from getting damp.
- You have to let the carpet to dry now and the water stain will disappear gradually.
- These two methods will successfully help you to remove the water stains completely from your carpet. There are many reasons why you can get water stains on your carpet. Some of the stains can be quite old as well. Since these stains can turn into the growth of mold or mildew and look aesthetically displeasing, it is important to remove them as soon as possible.
These are some DIY methods to consider if you are looking for how to remove old water stains from carpet. The carpet can be damaged if it is exposed to water for a long duration. You have to make sure that right after cleaning the carpet you are letting the carpet to dry completely. You also need to make sure that the water does not harm the carpet. If you think that cleaning the carpets at home is causing water to stay on the carpet for longer time, then it is better to call for a professional help. Professional carpet cleaners can take care of these problems easily.