New Construction Homebuyer Rebate Program - Craftmaster Homes
Craftmaster Homes is a leading Virginia homebuilder. We offer cash back rebates on new construction homes and condos built by Craftmaster Homes.
When you buy a new home from Craftmaster Homes for $500k+ with Equity First Realty as your buyer’s agent, you'll receive 2% of the price rebated back to you at closing. You’ll receive your rebate as a direct dollar-for-dollar reduction of the money you would otherwise have to bring to closing or you will receive a check at closing from Equity First Realty!
When you buy a new construction home for $500k+ directly from a Virginia builder with Equity First Realty as your buyer’s agent, we will rebate you 2% of your new home’s purchase price! That’s 66% of the standard 3% buyer’s agent commission!
When you go to see model homes, first download our Notice of Buyer Representation, fill in your name(s), and present a copy to each builder in each model home community you visit.
Equity First Realty is happy to work for the reduced commission because: 1) our lean business model doesn’t have to subsidize expensive office overhead, billboards, franchise fees, redundant broker commissions, etc. and 2) we partner exclusively with savvy clients like you, who take care of most of the buying process themselves.
As a savvy new home buyer, you’ll walk away from closing with the keys to your brand home, richer by Thousands of Dollars than if you just walked into the model without a buyer agent, like hundreds of less savvy buyers do every day. All you have to do is plan ahead, choose Equity First Realty to represent you as your buyer agent, follow the builder’s commission rules carefully, and collect you 2% rebate at closing! You’ll receive your rebate as a direct dollar-for-dollar reduction of the money you would otherwise have to bring to closing! You will see it clearly right in the middle of the front page of your closing statement.
Too good to be true? Not at all, but there are two important pitfalls to understand and to carefully avoid:
Whatever you do, DO NOT just show up at the model home, sign in as an unrepresented buyer, then expect the builder to pay a realtor commission. That could be a $14,000 mistake! Literally! Each builder has its own policies about realtors, and you need to first find out these rules and follow them carefully, to the letter. Your rebate is at stake! No commission means no rebate for you! Best practice is to call the builder(s) you like ahead of time and find out what their policies are before you go to the model(s). At a minimum, be sure to provide a Notice of Buyer Representation to any builder representative you meet upon first contact.
How to Get a 2% Rebate when Buying from Craftmaster Builders:
1. Be sure to download our Notice of Buyer Representation before you go to see the model home. Fill in your name and present a copy to the sales representative at the model. DON’T just show up at the model, sign in without an agent, and expect the builder to pay a realtor commission. That could be a $15,000 mistake!
2. Review and sign the terms and conditions of the Equity First Cashback Rebate Agreement of our rebate program. Call us with any questions or concerns. When you’re ready, simply call or email us and we will send the agreement. Email it back to us completed and signed. We’ll sign and send back to you, giving you a contractual guarantee that Equity First Realty with pay your rebate at closing.
3. Once you’ve picked a builder and community, find out what they expect from us as your buyer’s agent. Some builders expect us to be present when you sign the contract. Others want us to come by after you sign the contract to sign an addendum in person. Still other builders will accept our signature by email. Let us know when we’re needed.
4. Negotiate directly with the builder. We can look up comps for you to help your negotiation and review the contract before you sign. Before signing, you should make sure your lender will allow you to use the full rebate (as well as any additional credits the builder or lender may be offering concurrently). It may be necessary to ask the builder to apply some of their closing cost incentives to price, upgrades, or appliances instead. Let us know if you need help negotiating this with the builder.
5. You will receive your rebate check or credits the day of closing once your house is completed.
Contact me today if you're thinking about buying or building your next home, I look forward to servicing your needs. Real estate rebates are legal in the state of Virginia. Commission rebates are 100% permitted in Virginia and promoted by the U.S. Department of Justice: Click here for more U.S. Department of Justice information.
Equity First Realty is not affiliated with Craftmaster Homes. The builder information on this page is believed to be accurate and current. Please contact the builder directly for any specific questions about their communities, models, pricing, availability, incentives, and buyer agent policies.
We are your premier Virginia Discount Real Estate Broker! *certain conditions apply
The Marcus Rice Team specializes in residential and commercial real estate in the whole state of Virginia. We are tech savvy realtors with over 20 year’s experience. Please join us on our social networking network to stay up to date on Virginia real estate news and more...
Marcus E. Rice Principal Broker & Owner, CDPE, VAR, RAR, PWAR, NAR, EFR, BBB