Waikoloa Village is a charming community located 6 miles inland from the west coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. This lovely community covers over 19 square miles and is a mixture of condominiums and single family homes. Waikoloa Village offers its residents wonderful amenities such as an 18-hole golf course, a community swimming pool and tennis courts.
Also within Waikoloa Village is the Waikoloa Highlands Shopping Center, which contains many shops and restaurants, including the Waikoloa Village Market, Island Lava Java and Pueo’s Osteria Italian restaurant. With its proximity to the world famous resorts and world class beaches, Waikoloa Village is an affordable alternative for the savvy buyer looking for their Hawaiian Dream Home.
At the time of this writing (May 10th), there were 32 single-family homes for sale and 22 homes in escrow in Waikoloa Village, while there were 14 condos for sale and 8 condos in escrow. Of the homes for sale, the highest price one on the market is listed at $789,000, and is located at 68-1854 Lina Poepoe St.
Of the condos on the market, the highest priced one is listed at $630,000 and is located at The Pointe at Waikoloa #23. At the other end of the spectrum, the lowest priced home on the market is located at 68-3600 Makuahine St and is listed at $379,000. While the lowest priced condo currently on the market is listed at $144,900 and is Unit AS1 in Waikoloa Village Condos.
In the 1st Quarter, the time from January 2019 through March 2019, there were 24 single-family homes sold in Waikoloa Village, while 30 condos were sold. Of the homes sold, the highest priced one is located at 68-3694 Kaulele Pl and sold at the sales price of $788,000, from a list price the same amount. The highest priced condo sold for $670,000, from a list price of $729,000, and is Unit #12 at The Point at Waikoloa.
The lowest priced home to sell during the 1st Quarter is located at 68-1695 Kieki Pl and sold for $419,000, from a list price of the same amount, while the condo with the lowest sale price went for $127,000 from a list price of $125,000, and is Unit #FS2in Waikoloa Village Condos.
Analysis: After a slowdown in Q4, sales volume in Waikoloa Village has rebounded back to the robust levels we experienced for most of 2018. Even though inventory level increased slightly, the increase in sales volume has kept Waikoloa Village in the lower end of a balanced market, bucking the slowdown trend we are seeing in other areas.
Highlights of the 2019 Q1 Waikoloa Village Market Update
- Number of single-family homes currently for sale – 32
- Number of single-family homes currently in escrow - 22
- Number of condos currently for sale – 14
- Number of condos currently in escrow - 8
- Highest priced home currently for sale – $789,000 68-1854 Lina Poepoe St
- Highest priced condo currently for sale - $630,000 Pointe at Waikoloa #23
- Lowest priced home currently for sale – $379,000 68-3600 Makuahine St
- Lowest priced condo currently for sale - $144,900 Waikoloa Village Condos #AS1
- Number of homes sold in Q1 (Jan – Mar) – 24
- Number of condos sold in Q1 (Jan – Mar) – 30
- Highest priced home sold in Q1 – $788,000 68-3684 Kaulele Pl
- Highest priced condo sold in Q1 - $670,000 The Pointe at Waikoloa #12
- Lowest priced home sold in Q1 – $419,000 68-1695 Kieki Pl
- Lowest priced condo sold in Q1 - $127,000 Waikoloa Village Condos #FS2
If you liked this update, you may like Waikoloa Beach Resort Update for Q1 2019.
First published at www.viewhawaiiluxuryhomes.com/marketupdates