Last week, I visited Carnes Crossroads to see the progress and homes for sale in Carnes Crossroads. Even though I've written about Carnes Crossroads-Summerville's new master planned community before, it was exciting to see all of the work happening to make Carnes Crossroads another beautiful Summerville subdivision!
Two Hundred and Forty-Nine homes in Carnes Crossroads have already sold and the master plan anticipates 15,000 people will eventually call Carnes their home. Carnes Crossroads offers a range of neighborhoods with single family homes, townhomes and condos. The builders currently building in Carnes Crossroads are David Weekley homes, Eastwood Homes, Pulte Homes, and Sabal Homes. Homes range from 1745-3000 sq ft with pricing in the mid $200s-$500s.
Parks: Parks, Walking Trails and Greenspace abound in Carnes Crossroads! The community is dotted with large lakes, open fields to play and beautiful parks. Four parks are currently ready for residents to enjoy!
- Playground and Dog Park on Parish Farms Drive
- The Village Green in St. THomas Park
- Ashby Park in St. James Park
- Callibluff Sports and Playing Field
- Pool: Carnes is thrilled to offer its residents a 25 meter competitive pool with a beach entry and fun play areas for the children!
- Gathering Areas: Adjacent to the pool is the Historic Green Barn that has been restored and transformed into a large gathering place for home owners to enjoy outdoor concerts, fun events and get to know their neighbors.
Business Center: Carnes Crossroads is a true master planned community, designed by the same developer that brought us Daniel Island. As a result, you will find wonderful restaurants and more business located with in the community in the coming years.
- Open Now:
- The Grill at Windmill Station
- Deja Brew Coffee & Cafe
- Small Cakes Cupcake and Creamery
- Philly Pretzel Factory
- Coming Later This Year:
- East Bay Deli
- Steel City Pizza
- Dunkin Donuts
- Polly's Fine Jewelry
- Sherwin Wiilliams
- Cane Bay Elementary
- Cane Bay middle
- Cane Bay High
- Northwood Academy-private school with campus at Carnes Crossroads serves preK-12th grade
Medical: Carnes Crossroad is committed to making healthcare easily accessible for its residents.
- The Blake is a superior assisted living facility with specialized memory care and senior living.
- Practices from MUSC, Palmetto Eye Institute, Charleton ENT & Allergy, Charleston GI, Low Country Rheumatology, and Sweetgrass Pediatrics are all located with in the community and LowCountry Women's Specialists have begun construction.
- Roper St Francis Berkeley Hospital is building a 90 acre medical campus at Carnes Crossroads which will be the first Berkeley County full service hospital. (Opening in 2019)