The internet has opened up so many new ways to make money online. Gone are the days of mowing people's lawns (unless you want to!) for extra cash. My wife and I have been making money online since 2012. Working online gives you the opportunity to work from anywhere - so we do! We move around and earn a great income with some of the online work-at-home gigs listed below.
1. We blog about stuff. We mainly write about side hustles and ways to make money. But you can blog about anything from real-estate to crafts. Blogging is brilliant because it allows you express your creative side and make some extra money. How much money? The sky is the limit! I know people making millions of dollars blogging and we make 6-figures a year. It has taken several years to get to that point but it has been a fun journey so far. You can start a blog on Wordpress for $100 or less and start writing about something you are passionate about. Monetization comes later via ads on your site and affiliate marketing.
2. We trade stocks. We learned to trade stocks several years ago and we continue to buy stocks that have significant potential to increase in value in a short time frame. These are usually the stocks of biotech companies that are expecting positive news from drug trials. Trading stocks can be risky so it is best to learn from a legit stock alerts service or a good course.
3. We use apps like Ebates to get cash back on things that we buy online. There are many cash back sites and apps to choose from. We love this way to make some extra money online because it is so passive.
4. We do some freelance writing. Freelance writing is a great way to make a few hundred dollars extra per assignment. We write for a few other bloggers in our niche which also helps to build exposure for our brand and make us money at the same time. Two birds with one stone! If you are good at spotting mistakes then you could get paid to proofread online.
5. We sell items on eBay. Usually things around the house but sometimes we look for items to buy at flea markets and then sell them online for a profit. We know several people that make 6-figures or more a year by doing this kindof thing full-time. I prefer more passive income, so I doubt we will ever expand this side hustle.
So there you have it. These are the main things we do online to make some extra money. Do you guys do anything interesting to make money on the side ?