An important step in Selling Hunting or Recreation Land
I have spent a lot of time over the years looking at land for Sellers, Buyers, Agents and Myself and I think that I have learned a few things about what makes a great recreation parcel. And my third rule of selling great hunting parcels was also covered extensively in my Forest Recreation classes in college.
Well Planned Trails
Well planned trails can make a huge difference in selling a property, it highlights the important parts that you want your buyer to see, it provides easy and clear access to all of the property, and it provides better wildlife habitat.
For us Foresters we are used to coming to a parcel, knowing where the boundaries are and how to access it without little amenities like well-marked boundaries and clear trails. But the average person who does not work in the woods, who does not have extensive knowledge of surveying or experience in bushwhacking, that first impression of a dense forest can be daunting when they get out of their car.
Deer and other wildlife also spend most of their time on these trails. Although most wild critters enjoy the security of being near the deep cover of heavy brush, they really don’t like to walk through it any more that we do, also, most of the food that attracts wildlife is located on the trails and in the open areas.
A good Forester, like those at Woodland Management Service, can guide you as you plan out an install great trails on your property.
These trails should:
- Provide access to all of the different forest types on the property.
- Indicate clearly when the visitor is on or off of the property, some trails will be completely on the property and others will cover several properties, boundaries should be clearly indicated.
- Highlight all of the special features of the property, including wildlife habitat, timber types, recreational opportunities, scenic vistas, and anything else that makes your property special.
- Include a map to indicate where the visitor is at while they tour the property.
- Make walking through the property enjoyable, rather than an adventure where they walk out of the woods bruised, bloody, and ripped up.
Many of the trails on our clients properties are installed in conjunction with thinnings or harvests of timber, however sometimes scheduling prohibits this before the trails are needed. In those cases a quick and easy trail temporary can be constructed.
When you are serious about getting the Top Price for your hunting land, call the professionals at Woodland Management Service and Woodland Real Estate, Keller Williams Fox Cities.
We can help you stage your hunting land for a quick and profitable sale.