- 3 lb. spareribs
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 tbsp. butter, cut into cubes
- 1 c. barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 300° and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. If your ribs have a thin membrane over the bones on the backside, remove by carefully sliding a knife under membrane and then peel it away.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and seasonings. Rub mixture all over ribs until well coated.
- Space butter out over ribs and wrap tightly in foil and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake until very tender and separates easily with a fork, about 2 1/2 hours.
- Heat oven to broil and unwrap ribs and brush all over with barbecue sauce. Place back on baking sheet and broil until sauce starts to caramelize, 5 minutes.