June Maintenance Checklist For Homeowners
Tomorrow is June 1st! Hard to believe how quickly we are barreling towards the summer season. Before the summer season goes into full swing, here's a list of things homeowners should take care of to keep their homes in tip top shape throughout the summer season and beyond.
In addition to the items on the checklist below, here are a five more tips to get your home ready for the summer months:
- Close the chimney flue to prevent insects from entering and to help keep cool air in.
- Change the rotation of ceiling fans to the summer setting. Give the unit a good dusting to avoid blowing dust around the room.
- Power-wash decks and patios; seal surfaces.
- Remove window screens and clean them with a soft brush and soapy water.
- If paint is peeling, cracking, or chipped, repair and repaint.
This June home maintenance checklist is provided by Nina Hollander with Coldwell Banker, your Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts. We've been opening doors for Charlotte region home buyers and sellers for 20+ years.
If you're considering purchasing or selling a home in the Charlotte metro area, I'd love an opportunity to earn your business, to exceed your expectations, and to show you how: