I love Thursdays because it forces me out of my day to day into a place of gratitude when I sit down to write these Thankful Thursday posts. My top 10 things to be thankful for are:
- Today is June 6, the 75th anniversary of D-day. To say it's hard to imagine the amount of courage it took for the men who fought that day is an understatement. We should all be eternally grateful to them for their courage and for the sacrifice so many made of their lives so that we can have freedom today. The world would be a much darker place if Hitler had not been defeated.
- My son Michael. Handsome, funny, successful. He has a very dry wit. He cracks me up!
- My son Max. Also very handsome, also very funny, my foodie partner! I love to feed him.
- My dog JJ. Goes without an introduction.
- My cat Dani. She's a little bitty thing but such a sweetheart of a cat.
- Her brother, Dusty. He's a big lug, a man's man. Love him!
- The sun is shining. Yay!
- My neighbor Don who is right now mowing my lawn because he's a prince among men.
- All of my friends, too many to name.
- My loyal clients who help me keep this ship afloat with their referrals!
I hope that you have at least 10 things for which to be thankful on this beautiful day.