Nina Hollander from Charlotte North Carolina wrote this thorough article about staging. I wanted to re-blog it because she has included some great graphics that help explain why staging is a winning strategy for selling a home for the most money in the least amount of time.
Why Staging Matters
Staging your home for success means having your home appeal to the greatest number of prospective buyers by highlighting your home's strengths and downplaying its weaknesses. Staging matters when you're selling your home. And the good news is that staging your home does not need to cost a lot of money. However, taking the time to stage will reduce the amount of time your home is on the market and more than likely sell for a higher amount.... lots of return for the investment of time and minimal dollars.
Staging Tips For Success
In addition to the staging tips in the infographic below which covers staging tips we've all heard many times and include depersonalizing your home, freeing up closet space, neutralizing with paint, don't forget to:
- Declutter and remove furniture to make rooms feel more spacious.
- Enhance the lighting in your home and swap out the low wattage bulbs for higher wattage. Let the light in and open curtains/drapes/blinds.
- Go for symmetry when placing lamps, artwork, accessories.
- Don't forget your pantry... clean it up, "stage" the items on the shelves.
- Put trash cans and cleaning supplies out of sight.
- Neutralize the master suite... make it gender neutral and use soothing colors.
- Clean, clean, clean... kitchens, bathrooms, floors, windows. Use professional cleaners for carpets. Everything should sparkle.
- Stage your front porch and your patio. Freshen up the front porch and front door with paint if needed; pressure wash.
- Clean up your mailbox... often it's the first thing prospective buyers see. Replace it if necessary.
- Freshen up your front door and make sure doorbells and locks look fresh and actually work.
- If you have pets, remove litter boxes from view, eliminate odors, put away food dishes, remove furniture that's been damaged by pets.
- Don't forget your garage. If you use it for storage, make it neat and not looking as if it's taking over all the parking space.
Infographic: Staging For Success
Staging Mistakes To Avoid
Keep in mind, however, there are mistakes home owners can make when staging their homes. For a list of 6 staging mistakes that can sabotage your home sale click here.
These tips for staging your home for success are provided by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, your Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts. Want more staging tips and advice? Contact us. We've been providing our clients staging assistance and advice for 20+ years.
If you're considering selling a home in the Charlotte region, I'd love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to show you how:
SEARCH ALL CHARLOTTE METRO AREA HOMES HERE
Broker, Realtor, MBA, GRI, ABR, SRES, CDPE, SFR, SPS, CMRS
Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Blog: News You Can Use From Charlotte/Ballantyne/Waxhaw/Fort Mill
Search For All Charlotte Area Homes: www.GreatHomesInCharlotte.com
2007 - 2018 Charlotte Magazine 5-Star Customer Satisfaction Award Winner
Connect with me also on these sites:
Oh by the way, I'm never too busy for any of your referrals!
Disclaimer: Nothing in this blog article is to be construed as legal advice, tax advice, or financial advice. For legal advice see an attorney. For tax advice or financial advice see a tax attorney, certified public accountant, or other qualified professional.