We're in the busy season for Mason Ohio home sales. May was at the top end for quantity of homes sold, and with 122 under contract, we'd expect June numbers to top May. Starter homes should still be in high demand due to their scarcity in the Mason market. Stay with us for more details for Mason homes!
Is the activity affecting your Mason Ohio home's worth? Stay with us for all the details and even Search Mason Ohio Homes For Sale links at the end!
We'll cover Mason condos in our Mason Ohio 45040 Condo Market Report May 2019.
All data is derived from the Cincinnati MLS system and involves only Mason homes sold with REALTOR® involvement and entered in MLS. All data is for the Mason School District area, so is not limited solely to Mason city limits.
Long Cove, home to many of Mason's luxury homes
So, on to the data!
First up is the number of Mason single family homes sold on a month by month basis for 2013 through present:
Next is the Mason median price summary chart.
Mason Single Family Home Category Data Summary:
Homes Sold: 76 (0 Bank/Government Owned, 0 Short Sale, 2 New Construction) UP 10
Average Price: $407,368 DOWN $14k
Median Price: $365,250 DOWN $31k
Days on Market Average: 46 DOWN 31 (median time 7 days)
Homes Active 6/12/2019: 204 SAME
Homes Pending 6/12/2019: 122 UP 10
Average Sales/List %: 96.9% UP 0.5%
Most Expensive Home Sold: $1,990,000
Least Expensive Home Sold: $95,000
What are the key takeaways this month?
- With 76 total sales, Mason was on the top end for recent May months.
- Don't worry about the price drops. April was on the higher end, May is more "normal". It also comes down to mix of sales, how many above $500k and how many below. This month only 10 were in the luxury category, and two sales in Long Cove both topped a million.
- New construction accounted for 2 of the 76 home sales. That's two reported in MLS. We all know there are more new construction sales that are never entered in MLS by the builders.
- Notice the time to sell? We're in the annual busy season for home purchases, and 7 days is the median for houses under contract.
- The number of homes for sale stayed flat, but under contract increased by 10. Basically new entries to the market are being snapped up.
New construction communities are staying busy with Kerrisdale, Roberts Park, Hudson Hills and Ambleside Meadows moving quickly. Need help buying any new construction homes, just give us a call at 513-520-5305. We work for you and NOT the seller and the good news is it doesn't cost extra for us to work for you (and you don't get a price break for going solo).
- Distressed properties (foreclosures and short sales) were nonexistent in Mason! None of the 76 homes sold were distressed, and none of the 204 not under contract are distressed.
So what does this mean to you as a Mason single family home owner?
The advice stays the same: It depends on your price point. The affordable homes will still move quickly. The more expensive homes are competing with new construction so you have to make the deal appealing enough for buyers to skip building new to order. There is an abundance of homes for sale priced $400k and up.
Keep in mind, buyers still aren't keen on homes that show their age or feature decor from 20+ years ago, so the more up to date and the more compelling your asking price, the more likely buyers will flock to your door.
For an evaluation of your home's marketability and worth, please contact us 513-520-5305 or Liz@LizSpear.com.
So what does this mean to you as a potential Mason home buyer?
We're going to stay the same with our buyer advice. The best homes move quickly. Even with the increase in homes for sale, there are some segments of the market lacking choice. Of the homes on the market, some have notable problems (busy roads, etc.) that will make them unsuitable for most buyers. Move fast and bid strong or expect to lose out on the best homes. A weak offer may mean you're going to keep looking even longer. We highly recommend do NOT wait to write that offer or you may lose the chance to own that home.
The longer you wait to purchase a Mason home the more likely it's going to cost you more to buy later. When you're interested in buying a Mason home, please contact us at 513-520-5305 with your needs and we'll help you find the right Mason community for you!
And get yourself a dedicated buyer's agent, whether for resale OR new construction!! The listing agent works for the seller, and when you hire us we work for YOU. We have incentive to get you the best possible price!
Serving Mason's home buyers and sellers,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
Recent Mason Market Reports: