Jupiter is one of Florida's best vacation destinations and rated as one the top 10 happiest beach towns in the state. Residents and visitors enjoy exhilarating water sports on scenic waterways and in the Atlantic. It's no wonder why our population has exploded in the past 10 years, and with the amount of growth we've seen real estate values have been steadily climbing.
If you've been contemplating a move to where you vacation, Jupiter still has a few hidden gems around town which offer room for appreciation. Here's our short list of best resort style communities!
1. Jupiter Bay is an all inclusive resort style community one block from Jupiter beach and Carlin Park. I recently had the opportunity to rework the color scheme of the on-site community restaurant (open to the public) while at my "hobby job" as a photo retouching artist. I was so excited to find out it will be another Twisted Tuna at the Jupiter Bay location! I LOVE Twisted Tuna so much that I would make the 40 minute one way trek to Stuart for their $1.00 raw oyster nights.
Not only will there be a fantastic restaurant on site in Jupiter Bay, but it's the only condo community that I'm aware of that is investor friendly. Allowing owners to rent their condos by the day, week, month, seasonally or annually, Jupiter Bay owners enjoy the peace of mind with rental management run by the condo association. Convenient location near shopping, restaurants, marinas and beaches, you can't go wrong with Jupiter Bay condos!
2. Mangrove Bay is located on the west side of US Highway 1, just south of Indiantown Road and is one of two 55+ age restricted retirement communities on our list. Adjacent to the new Riverwalk pathway which leads under the intracoastal bridge and onward to Harbourside, marinas and the inlet, Mangrove Bay's amazing location is a must see for anyone retiring in paradise. Attached villas with 1 car garages, 2 bedrooms and quaint living quarters are nestled by the intracoastal waterway. The clubhouse features a full service bar, pool, and resort style amenities. There's also an assisted living and memory care facility within Mangrove Bay.
3. Sea Lofters 1 & 2 bedroom rustic Florida style beach retreats are affordable in comparison to some of our other communities. A short 5-10 minute walk to the beach depending on the location within the community, wonderful clubhouse and amenities surrounded by tropical foliage present paradise at its' best. Each unit has a large, private courtyard with secured storage. The architecture looks more like something you'd see on Hilton Head Island than what you'd expect in Jupiter. Minutes to Roger Dean Stadium, great restaurants, minutes to Harbourside, Jupiter Lighthouse, Jupiter Riverwalk and inlet.
4. The Bluffs encompass ocean side condo living, single family homes on the ridge with cool ocean breezes, town bedroom townhomes with private courtyards, and marina view condos to the west. Located on the corner of Marcinski Road and US Highway 1, The Bluffs are the southernmost beach-side homes on our list. Single family homes feature attached 2 car garages with 3 bedrooms, private backyards, while the condo buildings have community pools and cabanas. Bluffs River townhomes have a wonderful community center with a play area for the kids, a dog park on the intracoastal waterway and pool with on-site management.
5. Ocean Dunes is located just west of US Highway 1 in a gated enclave of Victorian style 1 & 2 story beach villas. A short 5 minute stroll brings you face to face with one of the most spectacular beaches in south Florida. The vivid blue buildings are trimmed in bright white with contrasting yellow and red doors. Each street is a dead end with cul-de-sac for minimal traffic. Homes are available with attached 1 car garages and optional fireplaces. 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes are surrounded by lakes and a winding main road on the ridge. The clubhouse / cabana area overlooks the main lake and fountain. Basketball, racquetball and tennis courts are found right across the street. Residents rave about this place! Check it out.
6. Little Club is our second 55+ retirement / age restricted community. It's in Tequesta, bordering Jupiter. Definitely worth mentioning due to the low Martin County taxes. Single family homes are situated on large home sites, most have 2 car garages and all within a short walk to the recently renovated clubhouse and community pool. I was in the neighborhood with one of my friends and discovered a pool table in the basement of the clubhouse. There's also a card room where residents congregate. The low HOA fees for home owners include a 9 hole golf course. Condos in Little Club are competitively priced from under $100,000 to $150,000. Condo fees are higher, but include building insurance and the same amenities as the single family homes. Put this on your must see list if you don't need to be right near the beach!
7. Abacoa Town Center is located just east of I-95 and north of Donald Ross Road. Abacoa's Town Center is a complex of shopping, restaurants, breweries and entertainment for all ages. Condos are located in secured buildings over the business district and to the east there are free standing walk up condo homes. Both sections of Town Center share the community clubhouse, hot tubs, fitness center and community pool. Roger Dean Stadium hosts minor and major league baseball games throughout the year and famous for the Miami Marlins and St. Louis Cardinals Spring Training games. The Abacoa Amphitheater has a variety of live entertainment ranging from tribute bands to nationally famous stars taking to the stage.
There's never a lack of things to do in Abacoa. Monthly food truck invasions, antique car shows, Harley Davidson of Palm Beach Bike Night, food, wine, beer and art festivals are ongoing throughout the year. Abacoa Golf & Country Club is located to the west of Town Center, and just north of Roger Dean Stadium are tennis, racquetballs, basketball courts, a skate park and soccer and football fields.
8. The Jupiter Yacht Club is a must see for buyers wanting more than just a place in paradise. This prestigious community is situated south of the Indiantown Road intracoastal bridge on the west side of US Highway 1. When it was being built in the early 2000's, the marina was the only structure in existence. My boat was at home in slip 38 while we experienced the amazing construction of the condos taking place all around us. Initially offered from the high $200's, these condos are now commanding well over a million in price. This is a prime example of location, location, location!
All condos have water views, generous covered outdoor balconies which are large enough to entertain a small crowd of friends. Volume ceilings, modern architecture, secured covered parking garages and convenient location with a short 10 minute boat ride to the Jupiter Inlet and 2 minute car ride to the beach put this luxury destination on our top 10 list.
9. Ocean Trail is the only community on our list with direct ocean / beach access. In other words, you won't be crossing a roadway to access the Atlantic! Ocean Trail allows residents the unique opportunity of crossing the resort style community pool onto pristine Jupiter beach. Sweeping views of the ocean can be seen from a majority of the condos. Gated access through manned security, on-site management and restricted public access allow seasonal residents the peace of mind to lock and leave for the off season. Each building has a resort style pool, underground parking in the oceanfront buildings and covered parking in building 500 (the only non direct oceanfront address in Ocean Trail). There are tennis courts and clubhouse to the west as well. If you're looking for the ultimate view and location adjacent to the Dubois Park and Jupiter Inlet, Ocean Trail is a must see.
10. Jonathan's Landing on the west side of the intracoastal borders Indiantown Road and Alternate A1A to the west. Comprised of single family estate homes, bungalows, townhomes, golf course view villas and condos, Jonathan's Landings recently renovated clubhouse gives members resort style dining options overlooking the new driving range. There are 2 marina's within Jonathan's Landing, walking paths and there's even a butterfly park on the south side of the development.
Shopping and restaurants are found just outside the confines of the community, with tourist attractions, beaches and activities just minutes from your front door.
Essential Reading for Home Buyers
Denise Copeland is a 30+ year resident of Jupiter Abacoa / Palm Beach Gardens area and has extensive local knowledge of everything from the housing market, schools and events.
Licensed Real Estate Professional since 1991
Specializing in the Jupiter & Palm Beach Gardens Areas.
HOME SALES PALM BEACH
2562 W. Indiantown Road #4
Jupiter, FL 33458
It's always fun to shop for homes online. But when it comes down to making it happen, you need to see it upfront and personal. Our professional team of agents are here to answer questions, not only about homes, but the local area in general. We're here to offer advice about great lenders in the area, show you homes and recommend communities that you haven't discovered, but are in line with homes and areas that you've shown interest. We want to earn your business and are committed to offering the best personalized service in the area.
Interested in searching Palm Beach Gardens and surrounding communities?
Set up a FREE listing alert at www.JupiterOceanHomes.com
If you need advice on where to stay... or have any questions about anything in Palm Beach County, please don't hesitate to call us at 561-308-0007!