Celebrate Father's Day with a Little Renovation Gift
Why Not Give Your Dad A Handmade Card with a Gift to Renovate this Father's Day?
If your husband or Dad are difficult to buy for but, love those handmade gifts, this is something that is sure to put a smile on his face today! Create your own card, letting him know you're going to take care of a project that he's been dreading - or, you're going to help him complete it.
Because today’s buyers generally want modernized, updated properties, features like stainless steel appliances and granite countertops are expected but, there are other things that you can do to add a modern feel. Here are a few ideas:
Five renovation tips that are great gifts and will increase value:
- Windows and doors - Almost any upgrade to windows, exterior doors or the garage door will add value to a property and increase its security. However, if you want to make a big impact, splurge for energy-saving windows. These will be especially appealing to buyers looking to lower their carbon footprints and those looking to lower their utility bills — which is everyone.
- Curb appeal – The outside of a house is the first thing buyers see, so it makes sense to spend money to keep it looking its best. With a few new plants, a hedge trimmer, a paintbrush and a shovel, even the most inexperienced DIYer can make a significant impact on a property’s curb appeal.
- Kitchens and baths - Everyone uses them daily and would like them to be as nice as possible. Any money spent updating the kitchen and bathrooms will see a positive return when your Dad decides to sell his Charlotte home.
- Don’t overdo it – Almost everyone wants granite counters, but maybe you live in a laminate neighborhood. Don’t spend so much on updates that your house is far and away the most expensive per square foot in the neighborhood. As a general rule, it’s always more difficult to sell the most expensive property on the block.
- Sweat the small stuff - A few bucks spent on new light switches, faucets and doorknobs can go a long way to improving the look of a house, without any major investment.
Would you like more renovation ideas for helping your Dad renovate his Charlotte home? Dad's love hand-made gift cards - put that togehter and then let's talk! I have wonderful contractors who I can recommend as well as specialty shops that you can visit if you're thinking of a DIY project to give your Dad.
I hope all of the Dads reading this have a fabulous Father's Day!
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | Celebrate Father's Day with a Little Renovation Gift
Read more: http://www.icharlotterealestate.com/give-your-dad%e2%80%99s-charlotte-home-the-gift-of-renovation-this-father%e2%80%99s-day/#ixzz1PhXY7EpH