Leave the Cut Grass on the Lawn
- Set blade height on mower to 3"
- Leave grass clippings where they fall on the lawn, but away from storm drains
- Cut grass regularly so that clippings decompose quickly
- Sharpen mowing blades at the beginning of the season
- Mow the lawn when dry
- Water the lawn only when necessary, with about one inch of water
- Water in the morning to minimize evaporation
This is a City of Gaithersburg, Maryland announcement.
Daylily in the Rain, Kentlands Photowalk, Gaithersburg, Maryland USA
Canon PowerShot G11 Camera
Photograph by Roy Kelley
Roy and Dolores Kelley Photographs