In this Spring Season , the Lake Oconee Area is flooded by people who want to buy a home and live here, or vacation here. The mortgage rates are still at a low level, and are poised to go even lower!
Golf Course and Lake View
People hear about beautiful Lake Oconee from the internet, advertisements, or word of mouth. Some have visited friends who live at the lake.
Jim and I have lived here and watched it develop for almost 30 years! Now, more than ever, the lake which was created in the 70s has matured and it provides the perfect location for a primary or secondary home. Lake Oconee now offers the local residents entertainment, many varieties of sporting activities, and commercial outlets to visit. There is a balance of development that allows for a fulfilling lifestyle, without the negatives of a large city.
Here is my list of best reasons to buy at Lake Oconee in 2019.
1. Lake Oconee is a large, clean lake that maintains a constant level. The lake was built by Georgia Power who controls it, not the Corps of Engineers. The lake level remains constant throughout the year.
2. Convenient Location. Lake Oconee is about 80 miles east of the Atlanta Airport. There are several interstate highways that provide easy trips to all parts of the south.
3. Entertainment. This area is home to local venues that offer plays and concerts throughout the year. The Oconee Performing Arts Society even brings in Broadway stars, symphony orchestras, and popular music bands several times per year.Acoustic guitarists are often featured casually in local bars and restaurants.
St. Mary's Good Samaritan Hospital
4. Medical Care. The Lake Oconee medical care has expanded to include a new state of the art hospital which is connected to the larger St. Mary's network of hospitals in Georgia. The hospital has a helipad to transport patients who need a higher level of care. The Cowles Clinic provides medical specialists, cancer care and treatment, and laboratory services to the Lake Oconee area for convenient comprehensive health care.
5. Social Activities. In addition to the obvious lake sports, boating, and golf, most neighborhoods have social organizations that bring people together. There are frequent opportunities to play card games, pickle-ball, as well as indoor activities such as bridge groups, book clubs or quilting clubs. A large network of churches, civic organizations, crafts classes, as well as volunteer groups mean that there is no chance for boredom to set in.
6. Children's Entertainment. Children at Lake Oconee have opportunities to both learn and have fun. In addition to good schools, children's sporting and artistic activities are abundant at Lake Oconee. Below is a link to this summer's children's camps.
Summer Camps (courtesy of Lake Oconee Life)
Suzie and Jim's Featured Listings
Adjusted Price in Harbor Club
New price: $929,000
3 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths
Golf or Social Membership available
Convenient Home in Harbor Club
Move in Ready
3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths
New wood floors
Golf or Social Membership available
Luxury Home in Cuscowilla
7 bedrooms, 6 full baths, 2 half baths
3 car garage
Golf Membership Included (with transfer fee)
Lots for Sale:
Lakefront, Lake Community, $249,000. Long Shoals Circle
Lake, Assigned Slip, Harbor Club, $139,000. Glen Eagle Drive
Lake, Assigned Slip, Harbor Club, $135,000. 1170 Turnberry Circle
$135,000. 1180 Turnberry Circle
Golf Course Lot, The Landing, $77,000 Fairway Ridge Drive
Golf Course Lot, Harbor Club, $160,000 Spyglass Hill (double lot)
Come for a visit and experience the Lifestyle at Lake Oconee!
We will find the homes or lots that fit your pocketbook!
Call Suzie or Jim RE/MAX Lake Country