July 4th - 7th, 2019
"Bring the Hype with the Stars and Stripes" -- The Town of Alderson turns red, white and blue and hosts what has become known as West Virginia’s BEST Fourth of July Celebration.
This 4-day event features everything from a Fireman’s Rodeo, to an All-American Baking Contest to the Ducks on the River Rubber Duck Race. And, of course, a Grand Parade and Grand Fireworks Display!
The Alderson 4th of July Celebration, just 20 minutes from Lewisburg, is the most popular Independence Day celebration in the region. Spend the entire day or arrive late for the biggest fireworks display in the area.
4th of July:
- Arts & Craft Sale: 8am
- Throttle Throbs Car Show: 10-3pm
- Parade: kicks-off at 10:30am
- Stuart's Hot Dawg Eating Contest: 1pm (at Stuart's)
- Miss Fireworks & Her Court: 1pm
- Inflatable Fun: 1-4pm & 4:30-9pm
- Field Events: 1:30pm
- Tug-o-War: 4pm
- Concert: Ft Ashton Shepherd, Kevin Moon, Joanna Young starting at 7pm ($5 cover)
- Fireworks: 10pm
- Inflatable Fun: 6-9pm
- Fireman's Rodeo: 7-11pm
- Run for Snacks 5k: July 6 at 9am -- It's a walk or run with awards for various age groups including kids. Race day registration is $25 and starts at 7:30am. All ages welcome.
- Saints & Sinners Bike Show: 11-3pm ($5 admission)
- All American Baking Contest: 12-1pm
- Horse Show: 1pm
- Ice Cream Social: 1pm
- Inflatable Fun: 4-9pm
- 4th of July Banquet: 6:30pm -- Buffet dinner. $18 per person; $8 for kids 12 and under. Make your reservation by July 1 to ensure a seat at the table. email@example.com or 304-445-7520
- Whitewater Canoe Race: 1pm -- Registration starts at 12pm River
- Events: 1:30pm
- Rubber Duck Race: 6pm
- Gospel Sing: 7pm
The parade will take place downtown on Monroe Street, Alderson, WV
- Lewisburg - 14 miles
- Hinton - 23 miles
- Beckley - 52 miles
- Charleston - 115 miles
- Roanoke, VA - 110 miles
Alt. Phone Number: (304) 445-7730
Click on Alderson to see images and to learn more about this town that was incorporated in 1881, and named after John Alderson, a Baptist minister.
Wishing you all a safe and happy Fourth of July