The Top Five Questions Home Buyers Ask about Potomac Shores in Dumfries, Virginia
Potomac Shores is a planned community in Dumfries, Virginia, about twenty-five miles south of Washington, D.C.
From the moment buyers drive into the community, they see the grand entrance monuments and lush tree-lined boulevards and fall in love. Then they drive up to the future Town Center area along the brick roads out to the next VRE rail station and Town Center and immediately know this is the community they could see themselves calling home. Potomac Shores offers a five-star lifestyle with a 15,000 Square Foot Recreation Center called The Shores Club complete with two pools, gym, and more, the social barns look like Joanna Gaines of HGTV designed them herself. The community is also home to a Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course and Tidewater Grill and is open to the public. Covington Harper Elementary opened in 2019, and Potomac Shores Middle School is scheduled to open in 2021.
Top Five Buyer Questions:
- When will the VRE rail station come to Potomac Shores? Right now it is looking like completion will be the end of 2021 Construction is expected to start mid-2020
- When will the Town Center start? The developer has completed much of the underground infrastructure to support the future town center. You will see roads leading into the town center area, and sod and tree
- were installed this past fall. As of December 2019, the developer has hired KLMB to market the retail pads to developers. Everyone is excited to see the Town Center become a reality.
Where are all the new single-family home builders? Potomac Shores is low on inventory for new single-family homes. Ryan Homes has one Immediate Delivery Home remaining, and Brookfield has 60% sold out. Pulte Homes is selling three and four-level townhomes and with options expect to pay $475,000 to $650,000. Beazer Homes has their townhome models under construction with the grand opening grand. The townhomes feature flexible floor plans with three and four levels. Expect prices with options to expect to be at $475,000+. Beazer has had brisk sales with their Villas being most popular. With options expect pricing to be $575,000 to $650,000. If you are looking for a new single-family home for this year, you will have one option Brookfield if you hurry
Don't overlook the value of a resale home in the community; most homes are under five years old and have fences, blinds, decks, etc., added.
- What is a CDA Tax? The Potomac Shores community has a Community Development Authority; A CDA is a special tax assessment charged to each dwelling on an annual basis for thirty years to pay public improvements which serve the CDA district. In Potomac Shores, the fee is 1320.00 per single-family and $1069.00 per attached home.year. You pay it as long as you own the home for up to thirty years. If you sell your home, the new owner pays the tax for the remaining years. In Northern Virginia, many of the large communities will have a CDA tax. The CDA tax is paid through your escrows as part of your tax bill with your mortgage company.
- How much are the HOA Dues? HOA Dues are 180.00 or $200.00, depending on where your home is within the community. The northern neighborhoods the cost is $180.00 and includes high-speed internet, trash, and snow removal as well as access to The Shores Club, pool fitness center and The Social barns and activities. In the Southern Zone, it is higher due to alleyways that will be maintained by the community. There is also a one-time initial contribution of $500.00 per household when you purchase your home in Potomac Shores to the HOA.
If you would like to know more about the community, check out this blog post Comprehensive Overview Of Potomac Shores from the neighborhood real estate specialist or call me at 703-801-9367. I am a Potomac Shores Neighborhood specialist and have been selling the community since 2013. My identical twin sister Peggy and I known as TwinsSelling Real Estate, we both, live, work and play in the community and can give you an excellent overview of your options