Buying Costa Mesa homes takes some degree of organization no matter what. Especially when time is a screaming imperative, it can make or break whether you land a home that’s right—or one you ultimately determine isn’t adequate over the long haul. Whether the time pressure is due to a sudden job transfer, family emergency, or the unexpectedly rapid sale of an existing Costa Mesa residence (that can happen when I’m your selling agent!). Finding your next home in a hurry calls for no-nonsense organization.
The precise path to your house-hunting success is bound to include some unexpected elements, but having a step-by-step plan in mind will provide a useful template:
1. Get pre-approved. This comes first, rather than determining how much you can (or want to) afford because it will reveal the lending world’s opinion, which—if you are other than an all-cash buyer—will preclude wasting time chasing just-out-of-reach properties.
2. Set your budget. This may not be all you can borrow: it should be what you can comfortably afford.
3. Hunt online. This is where today’s shoppers can cut to the chase way more efficiently than previous generations.
4. Find a real estate agent who is highly experienced in the Costa Mesa market (highly recommended: me!).
5. Tour a variety of candidate properties. Your agent will manage this process to save time. Don’t be afraid to visit open houses if they pop up (but be sure to tell the showing agent you are represented).
6. Revisit the finalist properties. Experience dictates that first impressions are not trustworthy.
7. Discuss the terms of an offer; have your agent prepare and submit.
Once sale terms have been negotiated, your agent will keep the ensuing provisions on track and on schedule (including the professional inspection, which is always a prudent step no matter how pressing the timetable). At some point in the process, it’s likely you will revise what you thought you wanted: selecting the home that “feels right” can’t be done without walking through the non-virtual space—and that more than once.
Whether or not time is a key issue, we hope you’ll remember to include us when you are interviewing for your Costa Mesa agent. We’ll return your call promptly!
We are built on a philosophy of Heritage & Hustle. L3 is a full service real estate agency with a regional office located in the heart of #CostaMesa, offering a wide-array of custom services to meet their clients’ needs with roots in the community since 1976. It’s L3 mission to provide trusted, convenient, responsive service to ensure clients enjoy their real estate experience. L3 was originally formed to offer personal, concierge-level service as an alternative to the large, nationally based real estate companies. From its small beginnings of only two employees, L3 has grown to a full staff of 25 serving over 300 clients a year. L3 is not limited to serving just its clients; it is also committed to serving the community. Not only has L3 donated hundreds of hours to many area charities, they have also received the prestige of being named one of the #toprealestatecompaniesinCostaMesa If you’re interested in #buyingorsellinginOrangeCounty, turn to the experts. Turn to The L3 and let them help you make your real estate buying or selling dreams come true. For more information or to get started on finding or selling your home contact The L3 today at 714-444-4663 or email us at email@example.com