Mecklenburg County, NC Housing Market Report:
2nd Quarter 2019
Second Quarter 2019 Mecklenburg County, North Carolina home sales kept the County a seller's market with just 2.1 months of inventory. Mecklenburg County includes the seven cities and towns of Charlotte, Pineville, Matthews, Mint Hill, Davidson, Huntersville, Cornelius.
During the second quarter of 2019, Mecklenburg County saw both inventory and months supply of homes decrease compared with the second quarter of 2018. Both median and average sale prices increased during the second quarter of 2019 compared with the same time period in 2018. Days on market increased to 34 days compared with second quarter 2018, but clearly homes are still selling very quickly on the whole.
In the second quarter of 2019, Mecklenburg County saw a:
- 6.2% increase in average sale prices (to $356,559) year-over-year. Average sale prices also increased by almost $40,000 from the first quarter of 2019.
- 6.5% increase in median sale price (to $277,000) year-over-year. Median sales prices also increased by approximately $26,000 from the first quarter of 2019.
- 3.9% decrease in inventory of homes for sale year-over-year.
- 3.4% decrease in closed sales year-over-year. No doubt lack of inventory and higher prices contributed to this decreaSE.
- 1.6% decrease in the months supply of homes (2.1 months supply) year-over-year.
- Days on market year-over-year increased 18.4% (34 days on market). Days on market compared with the first quarter of 2019 dropped by 12 days.
- 96.6% percent of original price received, indicating a small window of opportunity for buyers to negotiate on price.
Historical Quarterly Median Sales Price For Mecklenburg County Homes
This quarterly Mecklenburg County housing market update is provided by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, your Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts. We've been opening doors for Mecklenburg County home buyers and sellers for 20+ years.
If you're considering selling or purchasing a home in Mecklenburg County, I'd love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to show you how: