Energy Savings Days - BGE Peak Day - July 17, 2019
Do you have a BGE Peak Rewards thermostat? Tomorrow, July 17 is one of their energy savings days. From 1pm to 7 pm they are encouraging users to conserve energy usage during this time.
Here are a few tips on how you can save even more:
- turn off all the lights in your house - in mine the outside light tends to get left on and so does the light on the range hood over my stove.
- Unplug things not in use - for example television, dvd player, laptops, printers and such. You'd be surprised how much energy these things use even when they are not in use.
- Wait to wash and dry clothes until after 7pm.
- Wait to wash dishes until after 7pm
- Grill instead of using your stove or microwave
- Adjust your temperature just 1 degree during the peak rewards time
- Change the filter on your furnace/air conditioning unit
We can all do to save a little money these days!!