Union County, NC Housing Market Report:
2nd Quarter 2019
Second Quarter 2019 Union County, North Carolina home sales kept the county a seller's market with just 2.2 months of inventory. Union County includes the towns of Waxhaw, Weddington, Marvin, Indian Trail, Stallings, Monroe, Hemby Bridge, Lake Park, Wesley Chapel, Wingate, Marshville, Fairview, Unionville, Matthews, and Mineral Springs.
During the first quarter of 2019, Union County saw inventory and months supply of homes decrease by double digits compared with the same time frame one year ago. Days on market also decreased. Closed sales increased, as did the median sale price of homes, while the average price of homes decreased slightly. It should be noted that the average price of homes sold does not necessarily indicated a drop in Union County home values... most of the decrease came in the 28173 zip code where there is considerable new construction of high-end homes, so it's more the mix of homes sold that impacted the sale prices. Demand for affordable homes in the 28173 zip code, encompassing Waxhaw, Weddington, and Marvin towns, has not abated.
In the second quarter of 2019, Union County saw a:
- 2.6% decrease in average sale prices (to $328,787) year-over-year.
- 1.2% increase in median sale price (to $286,000) year-over-year.
- 11.6% decrease in inventory of homes for sale year over year.
- 2.0% increase in closed sales year over year.
- 13.8% decrease in the months supply of homes (2.2 months supply) year over year.
- Days on market year over year were decreased 2.7% (54 days on market).
- 96.6% percent of original price received, indicating a small window of opportunity for buyers to negotiate on price.
HISTORICAL QUARTERLY MEDIAN SALE PRICE FOR UNION COUNTY HOMES
This quarterly Union County housing market update is provided by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, your Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts. We've been opening doors for Union County home buyers and sellers for 20+ years.
If you're considering selling or purchasing a home in Union County, I'd love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to show you how: