While the upward trends for Bend single family home sales have slowed over the past few months, Redmond home sales have remained strong. Redmond, located just 17 miles north of Bend, has long been known as a great place to live, with homes priced well below that of Bend. People relocating to Central Oregon have discovered Redmond's value and home sales in this great town have taken off.
When June 2019 is compared with June 2018, the following changes can be noted for Redmond single family home sales on less than an acre:
- Homes for sale down 2.5% to 230*
- Homes sold up 8.2% to 106
- Homes pended up 7.6% to 99
- Average price per square foot up 4.3% to $195
- Average days on market down 3.8% to 101
- Sold to original listing price difference unchanged at 99%
- Average active sales price up 1.2% to $418,000
- Average sold sales price up 12% to $364,000
- Months of inventory down 8.3% to 2.2 months
Redmond Home Prices Relatively Stable
While sold home prices have gone up in Redmond over the past year, the average asking price has remained fairly consistent between $400,000 and $420,000. With Bend seeing a great increase in million dollar home sales, Redmond's housing inventory has consisted of more modestly priced property, leading to its reputation as having great housing value. Builders are also actively building new homes in the community which should help with some of the lack of inventory.
** Data from Central Oregon MLS
Original blog can be read at Bend Premier Real Estate's blog.