Richardson TX- Audit Reconsideration -You Don't Owe what the IRS Says!

Education & Training with Bob Jablonsky & Associates

Audit Reconsideration is an option for a taxpayer if an audit occurred and there was a tax assessment made that the taxpayer disagrees with. It is also available if the IRS prepares a substitute for return on behalf of the client who did not file the return.


IRS will consider Audit Reconsideration if:

  • The Taxpayer submits information not previously provided
  • The IRS created a Substitute for Return
  • The IRS made a computational or processing error
  • The Liability is unpaid or credits are denied


How To Request Audit Reconsideration

There is no form for Audit Reconsideration. A letter is written to the IRS office last corresponded with, stating that the taxpayer would like audit reconsideration. The letter should explain why you disagree with the amount that the IRS claims you owe, and you should specifically identify what you disagree with and provide documentation that supports your position. Audit Reconsideration can take a long time, sometimes over a year.


The IRS will either accept the information provided and remove the tax or deny the request. If the request is denied, the taxpayer will have the right to appeal the decision.


Do You Need Help?

If you need help with Audit Reconsideration or any other IRS issue, please give me a call at (972) 821-1991 or email me at bob@jablonskyandassociates.



This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Local News and Events
Texas Dallas County Richardson
irs tax help
irs audit
irs debt forgiveness
irs debt settlement
irs appeals
garland tx irs problems
richardson tx irs problems
audit reconsideration
irs and audit reconsideration
what is audit reconsideration
irs audit representation
plano tx tax problems

Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Spam prevention
Post a Comment
Spam prevention

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?


Bob Jablonsky

Helping you resolve your IRS Problems!
Ask me a question
Spam prevention