Q2 2019 Housing Market for Carlsbad 92010
Condos, Town Homes & Twin Homes
The Carlsbad 92010 area includes the planned community of Calavera Hills, Tamarack Point (both detached and attached homes), The Summit (detached homes), The Foothills at Carlsbad, Spinnaker Hill, Pacific Estates, Carlsbad Meadows, Tanglewood (condos), the new planned community of The Preserve (new construction townhomes and detached homes), and other neighborhoods further west but east of El Camino Real.
The 92010 area of Carlsbad offers a variety of attached (condos, townhomes, twin homes) and detached single family homes for buyers to choose from, with a range of prices, sizes and styles.
Robertson Ranch (now sold out) is located in this area as well but only offered detached single family homes. We are now seeing resale activity.
For this report we look at housing activity for the 92010 area of Carlsbad for the 2nd quarter of 2019 for attached homes – condos, town homes and twin homes, as reported in the MLS.
A newer planned community, The Preserve, offers newly built town homes priced beginning in the high $500s, so Carlsbad home buyers can consider resales as well as new construction options (read 6 things buyers must know when buying new homes) if they are interested in a condo or town homes.
ATTACHED HOME SALES FOR Q2 2019
- 32 attached homes sold in the 2nd quarter of 2019, 23% more than sales during the same period in 2018; this was also an increase in sales from the 1st quarter of this year, by 28%!
- Average sales price was $550,873, down 2% from the same period in 2018, but an increase by 2% from Q1 of 2019.
- Average marketing time was 24 days, with 9 homes selling in 7 days or less.
- The median sales price was $557,500 compared to $530,000 in Q1 2019 (up 5%) and $569,000 in Q2 2018 (down 2%).
Current inventory of attached homes, including the new construction based on the current rate of sales this year, is now only about 1.2 months in the 92010 area based on the rate of sales for the 2nd quarter; the housing market here continues to favor sellers, with plenty of competition for any homes when they hit the market and multiple offers.
Only 9% of the sales were cash transactions. Homes sold on average for 99% of the original list price, but with 47% of the buyers paying asking price or more for their homes, including the 5 new construction town homes at The Preserve that sold (generally these sell over asking price because of the upgrades and options that buyers include)!
CURRENT LISTINGS AS OF JULY 21, 2019
- There are only 13 active listings, priced from $410,000 to $695,000
- Listings have been on the market an average of 29 days
- Living space ranges from 994 SF to 1843 SF with 2 – 4 bedrooms
- Average list price is $569,682 with a median price of $562,990
- 3 of these listings are new construction starting at $562,990
CURRENT PENDINGS AS OF JULY 21, 2019
- 15 attached homes are pending, on the market for an average of 32 days before going under contract
- Homes were priced from $475,000 up to $678,990 (average price of $585,649).
- Six of these pending listings are brand new construction town homes in The Preserve.
If you would like more detailed information about the local real estate market conditions in the Carlsbad area, including single family detached homes and specific neighborhoods, and/or are interested in exploring all the housing options that fit your budget, please contact me at (760) 840-1360 for a personal consultation.
Or search for condos, town homes and twin homes in Carlsbad using the link at the bottom of the page.
I would also be pleased to set up a customized search for you based on your criteria (number of bedrooms, price, size, area).
If you would like to tour any new construction homes please give me a call so you will have buyer representation beginning with your first visit.
As noted in the article at the top about buying new construction, the builder sales rep represents the builder, not you! Don’t you want someone looking out for your interests?