York County, SC Housing Market Report:
2nd Quarter 2019
Second Quarter 2019 York County, South Carolina home sales kept the county a seller's market with just 2.2 months of inventory. York County includes the cities and towns of Clover, Catawba, Fort Mill, Lake Wylie, Rock Hill, Tega Cay, and York.
During the second quarter of 2019, York County saw both inventory and months supply of homes decrease compared with the same time frame one year ago. Days on market were up to 43 days, but down 6 days compared with the first quarter of 2019. Closed sales increased 11.5% year-ove-year. Both the average and median sale prices of homes increased in York County year-over-year, as well as quarter-over-quarter.
In the second quarter of 2019, York County saw a:
- 4.4% increase in average sale prices (to 299,487) year-over-year. The average sale priced increased some $25,000 over that of the first quarter of 2019, as well.
- 3.3% increase in median sale price (to $271,538) year-over-year. The median sales price increased almost $27,000 over the first quarter of 2019.
- 8.8% decrease in inventory of homes for sale year-over-year.
- 11.5% increase in closed sales year-over-year.
- 18.4% decrease in the months supply of homes (2.2 months supply) year-over-year.
- Days on market year-over-year increased 8.1% year-over-year to 43 days compared with the second quarter of 2018, but were down 6 days over the first quarter of the current year.
- 97.4% percent of original price received, indicating a small window of opportunity for buyers to negotiate on price.
QUARTERLY HISTORY OF MEDIAN HOME SALE PRICES IN YORK COUNTY, SOUTH CAROLINA
This quarterly York County housing market update is provided by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, your Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts. We've been opening doors for York County home buyers and sellers for 20+ years.
If you're considering selling or purchasing a home in York County, I'd love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to show you how: