I've been pondering the July challenge Jeff Dowler, CRS is hosting: What a difference a Decade makes! My.. Oh..My so many changes both personally and business-wise. The only constant in my life has been change but I guess that is true for many.
Trying to keep it to 10 things is a challenge for sure, but I'm giving it a shot:
1. Son John married in September of 2012 and his lovely bride Erika was certainly worth the wait. I'm glad he took his time and didn't settle. Finding the right one and waiting to make sure was a smart thing to do.
2. In 2013 and 2014 Beautiful Beckett and Handsome Hudson were born. What a delight these two are to the family, bringing the total number of grandchildren to seven! They bring a smile to every-ones faces and continually amaze us all with their antics. These two are such rascals!
3. Gene's son, Jeff Dillard passed away in 2014 at 48 right after Christmas when we were in NYC. It was a hard pill to swallow. Diabetics is a disease not to be taken lightly as it will take your life if you don't listen to its message.
4. High School and College graduations came and went. We've been to 3 grand-children's graduations from Westwood H.S. (Their mom and uncle - my daughter and son also graduated from Westwood), 2 Leander HS graduations and one college graduation of our oldest granddaughter Hailey from Bucknell University. 5 High school graduations! We can take a break until the little ones walk across the stage.
5. In 2016 little did we know we took our last Seaborn cruise to the Mediterranean or any other destination. Upon Geno's return it was evident it would be very difficult to make these long trips we love so much, traveling to far away places and exploring.
6. In late 2008 I started my blog on Active Rain. It wasn't until 2009 I realized my marketing reports and posting on my community activities took me to a new height of awareness and my community started following me. I added a rider to my signs about my Canyon Creek News website and trained the community to follow me which bumped my visibility up another notch.
It takes time but with consisting posting and sending out print reports my neighborhood goes to my site to read my posts.
7. The end of 2015 I revamped my web sites in time to roll out for 2016:
What a difference it has made! Adding another rider (thanks to Barbara Todaro) "The most frequently hired Realtor® in Canyon Creek" gained more traction as well as an additional sign "Look who sold another one!"
8. My full time assistant for over 10 years retired in March of this year (2019). Combined with Geno's illness some decisions had to be made. As Michael Jacobs ponders each day I've done my share of pondering! Change is inevitable and to be successful I still believe you have to follow the three A's.. Anticipate, Adapt and Adjust. One thing remains constant:
"Dorie Dillard will make things happen and get your home SOLD!"
9. My daughter is Melissa Stout and she has been with Coldwell Banker 3+ years. Her last child is going off to college and I anticipate she has more time to devote to Real Estate and you will be seeing and hearing more from her!
10. Coldwell Banker offers a WONDERFUL new tool called Listing Concierge that helps me adapt and adjust, making my life so much easier! I upload my photos and they make a brochure (very classy fold overs), send out Just Listed and Sold cards, makes a single website, a Virtual tour, posts my listing in Austin Monthly magazine, runs my listing on our TV show and so much more! It's a game changer for sure.
It was very difficult to keep it to 10 but its a wrap folks and I'll be expanding on my Listing Concierge program in a post real soon!