People generally get annoyed when they hear whirring noise of appliances. This is why it is imperative to regularly check the appliances you buy first if they have smooth suspension system or similar technologies that ensure smooth and efficient operations. However, most homeowners do not expect this feature to last long. Refrigerators, for example, get noisier as they get older.
If you have already been dealing with a noisy refrigerator at the moment, you must check how to fix guide here:
- First and foremost, ensure to check the fan. This is the origin of the noise. Check the manual of your refrigerator and locate the evaporator fan motor. It is generally found at the bottom or back of the fridge. Remove the cover and determine if the noise is coming from the fan installed in it. If it is so, replace it with a new one.
- If you feel that the noise is coming from within the refrigerator, it is perhaps caused by the defrost timer of the appliance. Try locating the timer which is near the control area. Have it replaced by experts. A specialist can install a new timer better. Check with careandrepairs.ca today!
- Do not forget to check the back of the refrigerator. Check if it’s the compressor making the noise. Remove the back panel and check the compressor. If something is obstructing the fan or the compressor, remove it immediately. You may have to change the fan or the compressor at the back of the appliance.
- Clean the coils. It could be the appliance overworking itself it maintaining the perfect level of temperature inside. The sudden increase in the appliance’s temperature generally happens when the coils are unable to exhaust hot air effectively. This happens when you do not regularly clean the back of your refrigerator. Use a shop vacuum to clean the coils.
- Make sure to keep at least 4 inches of space in between the wall and the refrigerator. When installing, you must give the appliance ample space to breathe and exhaust hot air. This prevents the interior of the appliance from getting warmer. In doing so, it will prevent the compressor to work harder.
Keeping your refrigerator clean can help you keep way noise issues. Furthermore, avoid opening and closing of the refrigerator door frequently. It is imperative to remember the fact that the appliance tends to generate a lot of noise when it is working harder to bring down the temperature inside. If you keep opening and closing the fridge door, the temperature inside will increase.