Mauna Kea Resort is a beautiful 1,839-acre resort located on the West Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. This Kohala Coast resort contains two world class hotels, the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel and the Westin Hapuna Beach Resort. These hotels are located along some of the most pristine white sand beaches in all of Hawaii.
The luxurious homes located in Mauna Kea Resort are second to none, with everything from private oceanfront estates to condos with sweeping ocean views. The Mauna Kea Resort also offers its resident’s access to two Championship Golf Courses, the Seaside Tennis Club, a Fitness Center, and the Mauna Kea Spa. Some of the many restaurants include Number 3, the Hua Tree Lanai, the Copper Bar, Clambake and the Manta & Pavilion Wine Bar.
At the time of this writing (Aug. 2nd), there were 7 single-family homes for sale and one in escrow in the Mauna Kea Resort, with 4 condos for sale and 2 in escrow. Of the homes for sale, the highest priced one on the market has recently been reduced to $9,995,000, and is located at 62-3692 Kiekiena Pl, in the Bluffs at Mauna Kea community, while the highest priced condo on the market is listed at $1,249,000 and is Unit #I101 in Waiulaula at Mauna Kea.
At the other end of the spectrum, the lowest priced single-family home for sale in Mauna Kea Resort is located at 62-3997 Moani Pikake Ct, in Moani Heights and is listed at $1,975,000, while the lowest priced condo on the market is priced at $789,000 and is Unit J1 in Kumulani at the Uplands at Mauna Kea.
Sales volume has jumped up in the Mauna Kea Resort, with 6 single-family homes and 4 condos being sold in the 2nd quarter of 2019. In this time from April 2019 through June 2019, the highest priced home sold is located at 62-3460 Aloalii Pl, in the Mauna Kea Fairways North community and sold for $3,225,000 from a list price of the same amount. The lowest priced home sold for $1,650,000 from a list price of the same amount, and is located at 62-3685 Leihulu Pl, in Mauna kea Fairways South.
In the condo market, the highest priced condo to sell during the 2nd quarter sold for $2,500,000 from a list price of $2,700,000 and is Unit #10A in Halia Hale at Kaunaoa, while the lowest priced condo sold for $837,000 from a list price of $879,000 and is Unit #14 at Kumulani at the Uplands at Mauna Kea.
Analysis: After three quarters of no single-family home sales, the sales volume in the Mauna Kea Resort rebounded significantly. Condo sales have also come back in 2019 after a slow second half of 2018. It is safe to say that Mauna Kea Resort is currently in a low inventory environment, so it well be tough to sustain these increased sale volumes.
Highlights of the Q2 2019 Mauna Kea Market Update
- Number of single-family homes currently for sale – 7
- Number of single-family homes currently in escrow - 2
- Number of condos currently for sale – 4
- Number of condos currently in escrow - 2
- Highest priced home currently for sale – $9,995,000 - 62-3692 Kiekiena Place, Bluffs at Mauna Kea
- Highest priced condo currently for sale - $1,249,000 Waiulaula at Mauna Kea #J101
- Lowest priced home currently for sale – $1,975,000 - 62-3997 Moani Pikake Ct, Moani Heights
- Lowest priced condo currently for sale - $789,000 Kumulani at the Uplands at Mauna Kea
- Number of homes sold in Q2 (Apr – Jun) – 6
- Number of condos sold in Q2 (Apr – Jun) – 4
- Highest priced home sold in Q2 – $3,225,000 – 62-3460 Aloalii Pl, Mauan Kea Fairways North
- Highest priced condo sold in Q2 - $2,500,000 Halia Hale at Kaunaoa #10A
- Lowest priced home sold in Q2 – $1,650,000 62-3685 Leihulu Pl, Mauna Kea Fairways South
- Lowest priced condo sold in Q2 - $837,000 Kumulani at the Uplands at Mauna Kea #J1
If you enjoyed this update, you might like Kohala Market Update for June 2019.
First published at www.ViewHawaiiLuxuryHomes.com/MarketUpdates