Prep Time: 15 mins Total Time: 1 hr Yields: 6 servings
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large heads broccoli, cut into small florets, about 4 cups
- 3 c. diced cooked chicken
- 2 (10.5-oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 c. milk
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- Cooked pasta, such as egg noodles, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add broccoli and cook until fork tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, cream of chicken soup, milk, and cheddar. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook until warmed through, 5 minutes. Pour into a 9”-x-13” baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine panko, Parmesan, and melted butter. Sprinkle over casserole in an even layer and bake until mixture is bubbling and top is golden, 30 minutes.
- Serve warm over pasta.