Prep Time: 10 mins Total Time: 23 mins Yields: 3 servings
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized chunks
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 and 1/4 cups marinara sauce, I used Prego
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley or basil, to garnish (optional)
- Set Instant pot to saute setting. When hot, add olive oil and then chopped onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute. Add chicken pieces and cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
- Press cancel and then add marinara sauce, water, pasta, Italian seasoning, salt and ground pepper. Stir well. Close and lock lid (making sure that valve is set to sealing). Select manual setting (or pressure cooker) for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, let Instant pot in the warm mode for 10 minutes. Turn valve to venting to release pressure. Open lid, sprinkle both cheeses, close lid and let cheese melt for one minute.
- Open Instant pot, stir to mix in melted cheese and serve Instant pot chicken parmesan pasta hot with chopped parsley or basil.