Americans Rank Real Estate Best Investment for 6 Years Running
Like stocks, home values dropped dramatically during the recession but, have rebounded and are worth more now than before The Great Recession. Americans who do not own either - stocks or real property - are more inclined to see real estate (31%) as a better investment than stocks (18%), while 23% choose savings accounts or CDs.
Here’s how Americans rank investments (not just those listed above who do not own real property or stocks):
*Infographic provided by Keeping Current Matters (KCM)
- Even with the major U.S. stock indices establishing or nearing record highs in 2019, real estate remains the investment of choice.
- Real estate has outranked stocks/mutual funds, gold, savings accounts/CDs, and bonds as the best long-term investment among Americans for 6 years running.
- Perceptions have shifted - stock investors continue to be more positive about real estate than stocks as an investment.
- Stock ownership is steady but, still has not returned to the number of Americans who were invested in the stock market pre-recession.
- Of the 4 listed, real estate is the only investment you can also live in!
- And, as Warren Buffet once said, "Never pay another man's mortgage."
Thinking of investing in real estate? I can help! Let's talk - call or text me at (704) 491-3310.
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | RE/MAX Executive | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | Americans Rank Real Estate Best Investment for 6 Years Running
(THE best Charlotte home search available - no kidding!)
Direct: (704) 491-3310
Download Charlotte's hottest new app for up-to-the-minute listings and the most accurate neighborhood information available on the web!
DOWNLOAD CHARLOTTE PROPERTIES AT THE APP STORE
GET THE CHARLOTTE PROPERTIES APP AT GOOGLE PLAY