Buyers often want to know why a seller is selling their home.
Perhaps it's just curiousity.
Perhaps it's looking for leverage during negotiations.
With regular homes there are a handful of common reasons:
2. Need a bigger (or smaller) home
4. Financial strain (medical issues, job loss, etc.)
Cincinnati patio homes are a bit different though.
Of course there are new construction patio homes for sale, so the reason for that is easy: the builder is looking to make a profit on an in-demand housing type!
But what about "used" patio homes? The reasons there typically fall into the following categories that are a bit different than regular homes since the owners are usually a bit more advanced in years:
1. They bought a patio home to be near family, and family just moved out of state and the seller is following (this one is pretty common, grandkids are a VERY strong attractive force!)
2. Health reasons. Even with someone taking care of the lawn, it's just not enough and it's time for assisted living.
3. Death of owner or spouse.
4. They decide they need a bigger (or smaller) low maintenance home or a different community.
Because patio home buyers are often buying what they intend to be their last home, availability is often scarce, and depending on the desired community and size, you just might be waiting months (or even years) for one to come on the market.
That's part of the reason Cincinnati new construction patio homes are so popular. You get to control the timeline and pick what you like. The drawback? Most of the builders have figured they can build patio homes for a premium cost. While there are some new construction patio homes for less than $250,000, they're scarce. Expect to pay $300,000 and up for most new patio homes in the Cincinnati area.
Ready to discuss further? We can help you from northern Kentucky all the way to southern Dayton, so just give us a call at 513-520-5305. We'll help guide you to the best community and home to suit your needs, whether that means resale or new construction.
Serving Greater Cincinnati patio home buyers and sellers,
Bill & Liz aka BLiz