In one of my previous posts of Shrimp from the Florida Keys I was asked to share the recipe. I am happy to share the recipe and give credit to its source and let you know how I modified it.
Here is the recipe from https://damndelicious.net/2018/07/09/grilled-garlic-butter-shrimp/
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter
• 1 shallot, minced
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 2 lemons, halved
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Stir in shallot, garlic and red pepper flakes until fragrant, about 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Thread shrimp onto skewers; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Brush with 2 tablespoons butter mixture.
3. Preheat grill to medium high heat. Add skewers to grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until the shrimp are pink and opaque, about 3-4 minutes. Add lemons to grill, cut side down, during the last 2 minutes of cooking time.
4. Serve immediately, drizzled with remaining butter mixture, garnished with lemons and parsley, if desired.
I did not used skewers. I coated the shrimp in the pan where I made the sauce and placed on a grill mat on the grill.