Quail Creek OKC Homes for Sale
10 Things to Do Before You Sell Your House
At a local level in Oklahoma City and Edmond Oklahoma, the buyer confidence remains strong with some changes that vary on the price level and what type of houses they are looking for. Certain neighborhoods are hot and some are not. Quail Creek in NW OKC is always a hot market for home buyers looking for a great neighborhood in NW Oklahoma City!
Particularly in and around NW OKC and in Edmond, Oklahoma the addition of new stores and businesses in the area makes our local OKC Metro real estate market one of the most heavily viewed areas in online internet property exposure. Oklahoma City homes and Edmond Oklahoma real estate are overall, very hot and active.
As you are aware, for most families, choosing a new home is the biggest financial decision they will ever make, and for that reason, there are many complicated decisions involved in choosing your new home.
Today I would like to talk to you about how to review the 10 things home sellers should take note of when selling a home in Quail Creek Oklahoma City.
Quail Creek Homes for Sale | 10 Tips for Home Sellers
Before you put your house on the market, ask your real estate agent for guidance on improving your home’s presentation. Your agent can tell you what buyers expect in your particular market and at your home’s price point. The following 10 steps are a way to get a good head start on preparing to sell your home.
1. Welcome buyers. Make your front door visible and accessible to buyers. Paint the door, clear debris and clutter from the walkway and yard, mow the lawn and prune hedges. Pot or plant colorful annuals and perennials to attract attention from the street. Fix broken screens, doorbells, roof tiles, shingles, and outdoor lighting, and replace your doormat. Exterior defects can make a poor first impression on buyers.
2. Make your Quail Creek home sparkle. Cleanliness implies a home has been well taken care of, so deep cleaning can win points with buyers. Buyers scrutinize homes, especially kitchens and bathrooms. Recaulk and repaint to give these grime-prone rooms a fresh and clean look. Clean rugs and carpets to eliminate unsightly stains or dinginess and eliminate odors. Tidy each room, including cabinets, closets, and the garage, before showing. And if it seems daunting to do all that cleaning yourself, consider hiring a professional cleaning company to take care of all of it for you.
3. Start packing. Cramped and cluttered rooms turn buyers off and make your house look smaller. A home packed with your personal belongings also makes it difficult for others to envision living there. Start by storing away excess furniture, toys, and personal decorations, such as family photos. Pack up things you don’t use on a daily basis, and put them in storage or ask a friend to hold onto them. Decluttering your house also gives you a head start on your move.
4. Paint wisely. A well-done, no-frills paint job is all you need. Put a fresh coat of paint on white or beige walls, and repaint walls that have eccentric or unconventional colors. Nature- and spa-inspired neutral colors, such as taupe and subtle gray, are the best choices. Definitely, don’t forget the trim and molding either. And a fresh paint job on outdated or worn cabinetry goes a long way, too.
5. Fix the small stuff. Repair or replace broken or outdated hardware throughout your home. You can install new door handles, faucets, towel bars, and curtain rods – fixtures that are readily visible to homebuyers – rather inexpensively. New hardware in the bathroom, kitchen, and on windows and doors also improves the functionality and safety of these components.
6. Update lighting in your Quail Creek home. Replace decorative light fixtures that no longer fit your home’s cleaner, fresher look. Install new bulbs with the appropriate lighting for specific areas of your home. For example, ambient, low-key lighting fills a room, whereas directional or task lighting works better in areas like a reading nook. Use accent lighting to highlight focal points in a room, such as the artwork above a mantle, to draw buyers’ attention to certain selling points.
7. Frame windows. Ensure you have the right window treatments, which enhance natural brightness and boost the appearance of a home. Window treatments also can impact a room’s temperature because they reduce or increase the amount of light entering the space. Adjust window treatments appropriately when showing your home in the mornings, afternoon, and evenings.
8. Set the table. Fresh, decorative flowers in the kitchen or on the dining room table are always a nice touch. Also, keep place settings handy for your tables so you can quickly set them out right before showings or an open house. Pull out all the formal stops for a dining room, and keep the table casual in the kitchen.
9. Hide unsightly everyday items. Don’t leave children’s toys and pet belongings out in the open during showings and open houses. Move litter boxes, pet dishes, toys, animal crates, and kids’ entertainment to less conspicuous areas of the home, such as an outdoor storage unit or garage before each showing or open house. Also, think about where you can store things like dirty laundry and dirty kitchen sponges.
10. Don’t forget the Quail Creek home backyard. Keep your backyard looking spacious and functional. Plant or pot colorful flowers and keep the landscaping trimmed and neat. Consistently pick up after your pets so buyers feel comfortable touring the yard.
Selling a Home in Quail Creek | 10 Tips for Home Sellers
Looking for Popular Neighborhoods in Oklahoma to Buy a Home?
Looking to maximize your opportunity for success in the Oklahoma City and Edmond Oklahoma real estate market?
Needing to buy a home and wanting to see a complete and accurate list of homes featured on the MLS and showing you full picture, details and pricing information? Need free Quail Creek Home Buyer Guides and tools to help you get the job done?
Wanting to sell your home in the local OKC Metro real estate market and need to see what other homes are competing for homebuyers in Oklahoma City and Edmond Oklahoma? Needing free Home Seller Guides and resources to help you get the process started?
Whether you are buying or selling a home, you will want to protect your interests and make sure that you are being guided by a professional in making the best real estate decisions.
It's of the utmost importance to have an experienced and knowledgeable Realtor on your team who can provide expert advice in the local OKC Metro Quail Creek real estate market.
As a top producer RE/MAX real estate agent, I am dedicated to maximizing my knowledge and expertise of our local Oklahoma real estate market. I provide my clients who are buying or selling a home with a well-informed and strategic updated view on successfully completing their real estate projects.
To reach me, please call or text 405-414-5022.
You can send all email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to search for all the newest listings in the local OKC Metro real estate market on my website.
Thinking it's time for you to buy a home? Learn about my best advice and tips on buying a home by getting my free Home Buyer Guide.
Thinking about selling your home?
Let me take over all the marketing and promotion of your property and get your home in front of the maximum number of prospective home buyers online and in your local community.
Call or Text 405-414-5022 for more information!
9520 N. May Avenue, Suite 110 Oklahoma City, OK 73120
Provided courtesy of Valerie McEvoy REALTOR
RE/MAX Preferred Properties, 3705 W. Memorial Road, Suite 1310 OKC OK 73134
Hire a positive and proactive Oklahoma Realtor to help you find your next home, condo, loft, townhome or investment property!
Call or text 405-414-5022 for information on Buyer's Representation Services
(NO COST TO HOME BUYERS)
Search entire Oklahoma MLS for FREE at Oklahoma Home Search
Get a FREE report on YOUR HOME's Value at Home Equity Value Report