The 9 Listing Mistakes Home Sellers Must Avoid In Charlotte (And Most Everywhere Else!)
Speak with any experienced Realtor® and he or she will tell you right away that the #1 biggest listing mistake to make when you're selling your home is to overprice your home. And that's why this mistake shows up first on the infographic below. Whatever the market conditions, but especially in a strong housing market, when a home doesn't sell if it's been staged and marketed "right," it always comes back to the listing price. Price it right from the start.
In addition to the 9 listing mistakes in the infographic, here are 9 more listing mistakes not to forget about, as they will also impact how quickly your home sells:
- Make sure unpleasant odors (pets, tobacco, cooking smells, etc.) in the home have been "erased."
- Don't try to hide problems in the home and be honest in your property disclosure. These things always get found out at some point. Don't jeopardize a good sale. Full disclosure can also protect you from law suits after the sale.
- Make sure you have required permits to pass on to a buyer once you have a contract. Not having permits for structural or mechanical work done in your home can be a very quick "deal killer."
- Be willing to negotiate on price with a motivated and qualified buyer.
- Be willing to make repairs after a buyer's inspections. This, too, is a negotiation process.
- Don't get emotional about your home when nogotiating on price or repairs. Once you decide to sell, think of it as a house you're selling and not as your home.
- Don't forget to check with your insurance agent/broker about your coverage in the event a prospective buyer or their agent is injured in your home. And eliminate hazards up-front.
- It's a good idea to remove pets from the home for showings... they can be a distraction, they can set of allergies. And some people are actually frightened of dogs and cats.
- Aside from decluttering your home and staging it properly, make sure your home is always sparkling clean.
Infographic: 9 Listing Mistakes For Home Sellers To Avoid
If you're thinking about selling your home in the Charlotte region, contact Nina Hollander/Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage. We've been helping home sellers in the Charlotte region for 20+ years.
I'd love to get together and discuss the supply conditions in Charlotte area and how we can assist you in gaining access to buyers who area ready, willing, and able to buy now.
And I'd love an opportunity to earn your business, to exceed your expectations, and to show you how: