If you’re like a lot of real estate agents, you know you need to engage with your connections on social media. However, beyond putting up your listings and hoping folks share them, you might not know what to do.
The good news is there are a lot of resources that can help you. In this post, I’ll share with you how to find content to post for a WHOLE MONTH!
That should get you started!
By the way, one of the ideas is posting helpful images like recipes. Want a free social media image recipe? Click here!
So one of the secrets of this strategy is that you don’t have to start right on the first of the month. Just jump in tomorrow!
When you look for what to share, think about what you enjoy seeing. Yes, you want to share about listings and ask your followers for referrals. But you need to mix in the fun, engaging content too.
Asking questions, having quizzes, and using humor are big wins on Facebook. You can also highlight unusual days and post fun personal images.
Week 1: Days 1 – 7
Alright, let’s dive in! What can you share for the first week?
I’m not going to make this specific to August or any other month. You can find ideas like this no matter what time of year it is.
Ideas for Week 1 (in no particular order):
- Post a motivational quote
- Highlight an unusual holiday that happens that week
- Share a funny video
- Post a selfie of you rockin’ it at the office
- Participate in #ThrowbackThursday
- Talk about why you became a Realtor®
- Share a current listing
Week 2: Days 8 – 14
Inspired yet? This is so fun! There are countless things you can share. This week we’ll boost your business a bit more with two sharing days about that specifically.
Here we go!
- Participate in #Motivational Monday
- Post a This or That image (ask for the choice in the comments)
- Share about a listing
- Ask for referrals in a fun way
- Share an easy recipe
- Ask for advice from your followers – maybe the most important feature in a house
- Share tips for making their home cozy/fresh for the season
Two weeks in and you haven’t done the same thing twice yet!
Week 3: Days 15 – 21
For many people, this is where they feel their inspiration and creativity flagging. You’ve done different stuff for two weeks. What’s left?
Plenty! Are you ready to dive in?
- Share a great pin or image from Pinterest
- Share an article you find inspiring
- Ask followers what their favorite family activity is
- Share a current listing
- Ask your followers for their favorite restaurant in your farm area
- Ask a question that uses “On a scale of 1 – 10…”
- Post a contest in return for their contact information and/or sharing the post
There you go, three weeks!
Week 4: Days 22 – 28
Here it is, the home stretch. Are you ready to finish up the posting schedule strong? Again, you’re doing an entire month here… let’s be consistent and follow through!
Here are the Week 4 ideas:
- Share another funny holiday from the current month/week
- Share a meme
- Post a picture of your pet and ask followers to do the same
- Share a home hack for taking care of the home
- Thank your followers for commenting/interacting in a heartfelt way
- Share your favorite song from YouTube and ask followers for theirs
- Promote a listing!
Wrapping Up the Month: Days 28 – 31
Most months have more than 28 days, and I’m not going to leave you hanging. Here are a few more tips and ideas to finish out the month.
Wrap up with these posts:
- Post a multi-photo montage of a top listing
- Post an A/B/C/D “One must go” image
- Share a cat or puppy video
- Talk about a recent sports event – ask opinions from your followers, even (especially) if you’re not a sports fan normally! (Ask them to explain it to you.)
What About the Next Month?
Want to know what to do the month after? Use these ideas again!
You can rotate the order or use the same. It’s helpful to look up goofy/funny holidays in advance so you can plan those days to be about the holiday.
What do you think? Will this help with your real estate marketing? Share your thoughts in the comments!
This post originally shared on PrinterBees' Real Estate Marketing Magazine.