When it comes time to Sell your home, there are some tips that can make your home selling experience better. Just as well there are things you can do that may make your home selling experience worse. Here in the Manchester NH area, I like to share stories from other sellers that anyone thinking of selling, can learn from.
1. Do NOT overprice your home. Homes priced too high are often skipped over by potential buyers who never mind don't want to make an offer but wont even look at it.
2. Choose the right Realtor to assist you when you are ready to list. All agents are not created equal. Choose one that will guide you through each step of the selling price. Choose one that will communicate with you. Choose one that will work for you. Choose one that tells it like it, giving you real data, real news and comments that can help. In NH that can be me.
3. Get your home ready to sell. That includes many steps. Getting the outside looking good. Lawn and shrubs cut. Remove debris. Make sure there is no peeling paint, no dead plants and that your front door opens smoothly. On the inside remove clutter. Remove over sized furniture. Make the home sparkling clean and remove any odors such as pets or smoking.
4. Get yourself ready to sell your home. First is emotions, selling a home is a business. Don't let emotion cloud your judgment. Don't be offended when someone asks a question, or likes or even does not like something in your home. Be ready to negotiate. Buyers will make an offer. The days of bidding wars is pretty much over. Price the home so you can negotiate. Counter their offer, never say NO.
5. Be willing to make repairs. If you walk through your home and can see something that needs repairs, so will the buyer. Fix it before you list. The nest part is the Inspection. It will look for things you can not see with your naked eye. Have the furnace services. Have the septic tank cleaned and have them check the baffles. Have a water test. Make it right now because it could cost more make it right later.
6. It is time to show the home. First remove your pets. I know you love them, but they may scare away buyers. Keep the home clean. I know it is hard, I know you live there, I know you work, I know you have kids, but a little work goes a long way in getting a better value and quicker sale.
7. Make the home available. Restricting showings means you can be turning away buyers. A reasonable notice is over night. BUT on weekends, buyers are out, they see your home and may want to come now. If you can go for a quick drive, let them see the home. No showings means no sale.
Lastly I go back to choosing an agent, it will determine how well or not so good your home sale goes.
Perhaps the MOST IMPORTANT message is to share with every consumer that my philosophy is simple, provide more personal and professional service to guide my clients through each step of the buying or selling process. All Agents are not created equal and every buyer or seller should take the time to hire the BEST not just the biggest. Those that hire me, find a dedication like no other.
To CONTACT Scott Godzyk please call 603.661.2121 or EMAIL: Sctprop@aol.com .
About the Author: Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of the Godzyk Real Estate Services in Manchester NH. Proud to be locally owned and operated with 32 years of experience, Scott is a leading Agent for Listing and Selling Homes in this area.We are Full Time Agents ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs. Servicing Hillsborough, Rockingham, Merrimack and Belknap counties.