Do you hate exercising? Do you want to be healthier and more fit, but the thought of going to a gym fills you with anxiety? Well, I am here to tell you that there are numerous ways to “exercise” that you will enjoy so much, you won’t even realize you’re exercising!
Seven Fun Ways to Stay Active:
- Hiking - Whether you like the solitude of hiking alone or you would rather go with family and friends, you will be surrounded by the beauty of nature and wildlife and you will walk miles before you know it. There is no shortage of beautiful places to hike in and around Montgomery! Best Trails Near Montgomery, AL
- Walking - If you don’t have time for a hike, go for a walk instead. Even a fifteen-minute walk can get your heart pumping. Walk in your neighborhood, or during your lunch break at work. One way or another, get those steps in! Our Free Self-Guided Walking Tour of Montgomery, AL
- Geocaching - For the adventure nerd in all of us…geocaching allows us to be real-life treasure hunters and get a great work out at the same time! Check out this Website for information on geocaching events taking place in Alabama.
- Dancing - So many types of dance, so little time! You can try swing dancing, Latin dancing, tap! The options are limitless! Try some ballroom dancing lessons at River Region Ballroom or step out for some country line dancing at one of the many Country Line Dance Bars in Montgomery!
- Martial Arts - Just like with dancing, there are loads of different types of martial arts. Not only will you learn to defend yourself, but the practice of martial arts can be a stress reliever. Try karate at the Family Karate Center or jiu-jitsu at Montgomery Martial Arts.
- Clean - I’m shaking my head as I type this, because really? Who likes cleaning? But by thinking of it as a great way to get fit, you can kill two birds with one stone (so to speak). Blast your favorite music at max volume and see how much you can get done during one song. Make it a challenging game and before you know it you will not only have a clean house…but you will have worked up a good sweat too!
- Play – Get outside and play childhood games with your kids and their friends. Hide and seek, tag, red rover, kick the can. These games will keep you moving…and probably laughing, while you enjoy quality time with your kids! 30 Unorganized Sports You Should Teach Your Kids This Summer
So, if “exercise” is a bad word in your book, remove it from your vocabulary and replace it with one of these fun and exciting ways to stay fit!
Photo Credit: nationalpost.com