Save The Dates: What's Happening In Ballantyne In September
There's always something happening in the Ballantyne area that's fun, charitable, educational, healthy, etc. September 2019 is no exception. To usher in the fall season, this month you have your choice of 10 Ballantyne events, including:
- Ballantyne Boot Camp: September 5th through October 17th. Every Thursday, from 5:30-6:15 p.m., at the Brixham Tent. Instructors from Sara’s YMCA lead a high-intensity group workout for all fitness levels incorporating body weight, plyometrics, running to tone muscle and burn calories. Free!
Local Makers Market: September 7th in Ballantyne Village. 11:00 am till 4:300 pm. 30+ local vendors/artisans will be displaying their products. Shop for jewelry, art, kids, pet wear, artisan foods, home decor, a Farmer's Market and more.
- American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure: September 14th. This event raises funds to help cure diabetes with ride, run and walk options for the entire family! Doesn't matter what your cycling ability is.
- 2019 ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk-Charlotte: September 14th at Toringdon Circle Shopping Center, beginning at 7:00 am. Features a 5K run/walk, 1 mile walk, Kids' Superhero Dash for Dad, and virtual Snooze for Dudes program. Family-friendly post-race celebration.
Downton Abbey Movie Premiere & Afternoon Tea: September 15th. Afternoon tea: 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm. Film screening 3:30 pm till 6:00 pm at the Ballantyne Country Club. Come be the first to see the new Downton Abbey head of the movie coming to Regal Stonecrest Cinemas in Ballantyne. Wear your favorite fascinator for the hat contest; brush up on your Downton Abbey knowledge for the trivia challenge.
- Ballantyne Blood Drive: September 18th. From 9:00 am till 2:00 pm in the Community Room at Sara's YMCA at 15940 Brixham Hill Avenue.
Uptown Dueling Pianos Live: September 20th at the BlackFinn Ameripub. Charlotte's best all-request, sing-a-long piano show from 9:00 pm till midnight.
- Ballantyne Book Club: September 25th. The Book Club meets at the Aloft Hotel in Ballantyne from 5:30 till 6:30 pm. This month's reading/discussion selection is "A Tree Grows In Brooklym."
- Isabella Santos Foundation 5K/10K Run For Kids Cancer: September 28th. This foundation raises money and awareness for rare pediatric cancer research and treatments in the Charlotte region. Post-race events include family-friendly activities with raffles, a kids zone, a silent auction and brunch.
- Paws & Pints/Ballantyne Beer Fest: September 28th in Ballantyne Village. 3:00 pm till 7:00 pm with pet adoptions from 3:00 pm till 5:00 pm. Live music.
Why Is Charlotte's Ballantyne Area In Demand?
In addition to the award-winning public schools in the Ballantyne area, which include #1 ranked Ardrey Kell High School, the Ballantyne area of south Charlotte in North Carolina was named by Redfin as one of the THREE HOTTEST NEIGHBORHOODS FOR 2017 in Charlotte. Charlotte’s upscale, affluent and popular Ballantyne area, is a master planned community allowing residents to live, work, and play without leaving the area. Ballantyne has also been rated a Best Place To Raise A Family.
Centered around the 4.5-million square foot Ballantyne Corporate Park, Ballantyne has experienced meteoric growth in the past 20 years. The 28277 zip code, which includes Ballantyne, has consistently been one of the moved “moved-to” zip codes, not just in Charlotte area, but in the nation. Recent population statistics show that the 28277 area is home to approximately 64,394 residents. The growth in this zip code area is 50% faster than Charlotte’s metro area as a whole. It’s also said to be Charlotte’s wealthiest zip code.
Ballantyne Offers So Much To Residents:
Top-rated, award-winning public schools. But it's also in easy driving distance to some of Charlotte's top private schools. The British International School of Charlotte is here, as well, as is the Omni Montessori School.
Lots of dining options from lower priced restaurants to high end restaurants.
- Great shopping (retail therapy galore!). There's Blakeney Shopping Center, Stonecrest Shopping Center, Ballantyne Village, Tader Joe's, and so much more.
Proximity to numerous private and public golf courses and the Ballantyne Golf Academy.
Ballantyne is home to Charlotte's only 4-Star, AAA 4-Diamond hotel: Ballantyne Resort and Lodge, which also includes a public golf course and the fabulous Ballantyne spa.
It's home to the Ballantyne Corporate Park set on some 500 acres, home to hundreds of companies and thousands of jobs and is one of the largest such corporate parks in the nation. It's also home to 16 miles of walking paths.
Ballantyne District Park, which offers 90+ acres of trails, a soccer field, softball/baseball fields, and more.
Ballantyne's location provides easy access to Uptown Charlotte, Charlotte Douglas International Airport, and South Park.
You can even go fishing in Ballantyne at Cullman Pond, Kid Pond, 17th Hole Pond, and Hawkins Pond are available for fishing from dawn until dusk in Ballantyne Corporate Park.
If you love movies... there are the Regal Ballantyne Village Theatre and Regal Cinemas at Stonecrest inside Ballantyne and the AMC Carolina Pavilion 22 that is no more than 10-15 minutes away.
- Lots of great housing options in Ballantyne from country club communities to townhomes and condos to million dollar mansions to mid-range priced homes to new construction. Truly there's something for most every one's taste and budget when it comes to housing.
MEDIAN SALE PRICE TRENDS IN BALLANTYNE AREA
This Charlotte, North Carolina update for Ballantyne's September events is provided by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, your Ballantyne area specialists and neighbors and Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts. We've been opening doors for Ballantyne home buyers and sellers for 20+ years.
If you're considering selling or purchasing a home in the Charlotte metro area, I'd love an opportunity to earn your business, to exceed your expectations, and to show you how: