Are you a broker? Do you sponsor agents?
Are you aware that realtor.com has rolled out "Agency Profiles" in addition to Agent Profiles?
Are you aware that if you haven't set this up, your individual agent profiles may not be displaying correctly, and this could be a compliance liability for online advertising rules in your state?
In a recent, informal poll across facebook groups with broker audiences, we found that the large majority of brokers are either entirely unaware of this tool, or need guidance in understanding how to set it up.
Unfortunately, there isn't a way to claim your Office Profile on your own, and the regular support team isn't equipped to assist with this either.
Here's What You Need To Know
What you need to request is access to is called the Broker Dashboard.
- The brand name for this tool is (currently) called "Dashboard Essentials℠ for Brokers & Admins" and you can download the training guide or sign up for a webinar here: https://support.realtor.com/s/training
- There is no cost to agents or brokers to use the Dashboard Essentials tool. The free version is the foundation for paid services, however. The invitation to "upgrade" your account will appear as a link once you are logged in.
- To gain access and have your account provisioned, the quickest path is to email the Broker Account Manager Team, or just ask customer support at realtor.com to create a ticket for you.
- You will not need another email address or new account log-in. So don't try to create a new profile. The Broker Dashboard is provisioned for you via "toggle switch" so you can move back and forth from your individual Agent Dashboard to your Broker Dashboard. You just need to request it, because it isn't automatic. And it isn't intuitive.
- Don't get confused. Your own individual Agent Profile is NOT the same as the "Agency" Profile. (Don't feel bad... the current training guide has a publication date of March 2019, so if you haven't heard about this, others haven't either.)
- A warning to brokers who believe they have it set up already... Periodically check your links from one of your agent's profiles. Clicking on the broker's name should invoke the agency page in a new tab (or window), which should display your office information and a thumbnail with a link to each sponsored agent in your firm. The agent roster should appear toward the bottom of the agency page.
In many cases, we found brokers who have already set this up once now have broken links, and instead of seeing the agency information, they get a 404 error. The Broker Account Manager Team can resolve this for you.
- The benefits of having your Broker Dashboard, once claimed, is that you can link to all the listings in your office and display a brokerage logo, background photo, bio, email link, contact information and a promotional video about the brokerage. It will also allow you easy access to view all of your agents profiles for completeness in representing your brand.
- This tool requires active management and attention. You will have the ability to configure default profile settings for agents, and assign admin privileges to a staff member to help keep things running smoothly and correctly.
On another note, we recently learned that branded email forwarding accounts for licensees under the realtor.com domain have been decommissioned. Brokers will no longer be able to request this for their agents; however, we have been told that existing accounts will continue to operate.