Many decisions go into buying a new home, one of which includes picking a neighborhood. What may suprise buyers is that it's their obligation to conduct their own due diligence. When doing so keeping these 7 factors in mind will serve buyers well.
- Schools - Are the public schools well regarded? What are the private school options?
- Crime - Will I feel safe in this neighborhood?
- Transportation - How easy is it to get around? Is there convenient access to highways and public transit? Are there problems with traffic, lack of parking, etc.?
- Demographics - Who else lives here? Will I be able to develop friendships? Will I feel welcome?
- Eating and Shopping - What restaurants and stores are nearby?
- Recreation - Are there parks and other facilities for sports, entertainment, etc.?
- House of Worship - Regardless of my faith, will I be able to find a new house of worship?