If you’re new to hard money lending and investing through private money loans you’ll want to know some of the terminology so you can speak to lenders to determine project funding.
Veteran investors will tell anyone who’s new to the game that it’s incredibly important to know the lingo when you are going to interview your first Arizona private money lender . Your first investment experience can be intimidating, but if you study up on these terms you’ll feel confident in presenting your project and being able to respond to the questions that the Arizona private money lender will have for you.
· After Rehab Value (ARV) – What the house is expected to be worth after renovation
· Appraisal – A professional’s valuation of the property in its current condition, and its potential value after rehabilitation
· Crowdfunding – A group of lenders who work together to fund a loan
· Default – The inability to meet the terms of a loan
· Escrow – The account that holds funds in between lender payment and borrower withdrawal
· Lien – A legal entitlement to an asset
· Liquidity – How quickly an asset can be sold
· Loan to Value (LTV) – It is a number found by dividing the loan amount by the appraised value
· Maturity/Loan Term – When the loan is contractually expected to be paid off
· Proof of Funds – A document that a borrower uses to show available funds
· Return on Investment (ROI) – The ability for an investment to make money beyond what has been spent
· Title – Legal proof of ownership of an asset
· Underwriting – How lenders determine whether a loan should be funded by comparing project plans to potential profitability
These are some of the most common terms that you will come across when speaking with a Arizona private money lender when you’re discussing a potential investment project. If you are able to understand and use these terms in conversation while pitching your project you will have a leg up on other first-time investors who aren’t able to talk the talk.
If you’d like to set up an appointment to pitch us your Arizona fix and flip investment project, give Level 4 Funding today. We’d love to hear your plan and see if we can work together to make your investment dreams come true!
Level 4 Funding LLC
Hard Money Lender
Hard Money Loans
Hard Money Loan
Arizona Tel: (623) 582-4444
Texas Tel: (512) 516-1177
Dennis Dahlberg Broker/RI/CEO
NMLS 1057378 | AZMB 0923961 | MLO 1057378
22601 N 19th Ave Suite 112 | Phoenix | AZ | 85027
111 Congress Ave | Austin | Texas | 78701
About the Author: Dennis has been working in the real estate industry in some capacity for the last 40 years. He purchased his first property when he was just 18 years old. He quickly learned about the amazing investment opportunities provided by trust deed investing and hard money loans. His desire to help others make money in real estate investing led him to specialize in alternative funding for real estate investors who may have trouble getting a traditional bank loan. Dennis is passionate about alternative funding sources and sharing his knowledge with others to help make their dreams come true. Dennis has been married to his wonderful wife for 43 years. They have 2 beautiful daughters 5 amazing grandchildren. Dennis has been an Arizona resident for the past 40 years.