You should probably know by now the latest syndrome - the “home inferiority complex” - that targets a lot of moms and stylish teens out there. The symptoms of this condition are the love for browsing decorating magazines, interior furnishing articles, and watching HGTV.
Now, you must look after the signs. Do you find yourself in love with bedrooms decorated elegantly, or living rooms adorned with luxurious accessories and furniture? Then, probably you got yourself infected! We suggest you shouldn’t be depressed or stressed knowing that you can never afford this kind of furnishings in your dated and tedious house.
But do not worry because we got your back! Do not give up as there are lots of ways on how you can improve the look of your home without spending too much. We got the best cure for your home inferiority complex. Below are some of the techniques that you should take note if you want to achieve your dream interior décor having a pretty low budget:
1. Know how to DIY
- Instead of hiring a professional home interior designer, why not try redecorating it yourself? Mind you, it more satisfying to flaunt your decoration masterpiece, knowing you did it with your own bare hands. A study made from Harvard tackled how people put higher value with things they built themselves.
2. Reorganize your stuff
- Do not immediately go to the nearest furniture shop and purchase one to say you rearrange your stuff. Moving a couch or a table to a specific area can make it more welcoming and improve the room’s traffic. The other way is taking some unwanted things out. Sell, trade, or donate books or frames and see how it would change your room’s ambiance.
3. Hang some artworks
- When we say hang some artworks, we do not mean purchasing thousands of dollars for it. Pictures printed out from your home printer, magazines cut-outs or colorful calendar pages can give your home an inexpensive yet fantastic look!
4. Look for secondhand
- To create a new appearance for your house, sometimes it requires you to buy something new. But it does not mean you should seek for brand new fixtures. With your artistic sense, you can surely spot one that will not cause you lots of pennies.
5. Pick the best paint
- Before doing the rearrangements and all, ponder first on which paint will you be using. For an hour or two, you can transform your room into a very different look if you manage to choose the best paint. So, think twice and pick which can best suit your personality.
Try out these home decorating tips and survive home inferiority complex through your creative ways!